Crazy Pup

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup did the same at about 15 weeks old. After some really good advice I decided not to scruff the little c**t, Instead I put an empty bowl in front of him, then piece by piece put small meaty bits

Joe I hope you have the sense to realise which posts to take on board and which ones to discard........ A few informative posts but also some f***ing stupid ones.........

Joe... thats not good at all...   You should have been schooling her from the day you got her... giving her food... putting your hand in the bowl and any agression whatsoever... sorted it out there

Lol joe, it's ok us saying do this do that but if its your first dog and you ain't sure, she'll smell that a mile away. You might be better taking her to obedience classes or something, then the two of you can learn together. Growling over a bones one thing, just growling cos she doesn't want to do what you want her to do is another. Once in the field, that's a recipe for disaster pal.

• Like 3

To put this in prospective i was over in Von liche kennels last year, it's the biggest protection dog facility in America, high driven dangerous capable mallies , Dutch and German shepherds all bought in Europe and shipped over for training, the biggest thing I took from it was their insistence that fear should not be instilled at any stage, no trying to show who was boss , their belief was that if you install fear the dog would be found to be holding back in certain areas of its work and become unreliable when the going got tough, they sold a lot of dogs as home protection to families and insisted the dogs disciplined young were the ones with most problems as fear biters when they're temperament matured at 2/3 years old

they had no fear of dogs turning or trying to become boss , they felt that the dog tuned into its owner quicker with no fear between the two , zero confrontation with a pup until he was over a year old at that stage he was emotionally mature enough to deal with it ,

Dominance is a way of relating to the dog if you look for it you will find it, a lot of the time keeping pups in the house and over stimulating them is a recipe for disaster with the harder breeds , it may be out of step with the current wisdom but you don't need to dominate a dog for it to become social , if it works for the harder breeds I can't see why running dogs are any different ,

• Like 1

i wish you all would agree lol, would make it easier

she needs another dog to put her in place aswell, shes alittle f****r with my sisters bulldog

btw, shes not bad as this thread sounds :thumbs:

she needs another dog to put her in place aswell, shes alittle f****r with my sisters bulldog :thumbs:

Mines the same he tortures the terrier and my mates pup. If he was a grown dog or a strangers I'd be having to choke my terrier off him but he lets the pup get away with it till I have to intervene.

• Like 1

gave the pup some rabbit legs to eat out in back garden, she had nearly finished one and i went over to move them because i needed to sweep up at that part.. then i seen a side to pup i havnt yet, if i hadnt moved away quick enough i reckon id be atleast less one finger, thats no exaduration, i moved my foot in to knock stuff out way and to see how she would react, again she went f*****g crazy.. i know this is probaly instinct is this something you all deal with alot, or you know not to bother them when eating lol

sounds like you gave her to much independence :whistling:

It doesn't matter what breed of dog is you have to read the dog which is in front of you.

It is important to build a good bond with the dog, but the bond has to be built on consistent leadership.

the dog has to know to mind it's manners around you.

I would suggest you find somebody locally who knows how to bring a dog on.

ive been using drumb sticks and chicken wings since, even though she still trys to run away with it when i approach, she isnt going crazy like before, i can grab the meat/bone from here mouth without any sign of stuff from before. am not saying its 100% fixed yet, but there is good signs, thanks for the replies, really appreciated.