Pellet Lube

I bought a bottle of the napier pellet lube on the recommendation of my RFD - he says he uses it more to help keep the barrel cleaner and reduce drag on the pellet in the barrel just a touch helping efficiency of each shot

cant comment on the accuracy though as ive lubed a brand new tin on a brand new rifle lol

• Like 1

I tried the napier lube

I think I used too much tho, as it caused dieseling :/

I don't bother now its too much hassle washing and lubeing pellets!

I don't really shoot more than 50 yards and at that range I can still hit a 2p every shot with pellets straight from the tin!

just m opinion. I might give it another try one day

I always give my pellets a rinse when I buy new tins (sometimes depending on which brand) but I did buy some lube and after a rinse and a spray with the lube, I was still surprised by what gunk came off from the pellets/tin- if you could only imagine that in your rifling?

Although I purchased it for the care of my rifle, I don't think it has a great amount of influence on accuracy. UNLESS you're comparing a barrel that has lacked TLC with pellets straight out of the tin, as compared to a well maintained barrel and pellets rinsed and treated, I personally can't see a lot of difference.

Whether lube does much or not, I still think it's good to look after your rifle most of all.

Hope this helps

Tell you what, if he does all sorts of lubes and greases then an aerosol moly based grease for doing springs and pistons with would be great stuff. Seems to take ages putting grease on a spring by hand, maybe I'm just impatient though.