Time For A Locator Upgrade But Which One ???

lucky

I'm currently still using the old Pieps box but I fancy a change and I'm just going to keep it as a backup box.

I've been looking at a few models but just can't decide on what to get, I don't want to buy the new B&F brick because I'm not keen on the idea of it been totally silent.

So I've narrowed it down to these~ Barryvox Element, Pieps DSP Pro and the BCA Tracker 2.

So which would you consider the most accurate and durable of the above ?

I've found a couple more that are a lot cheaper but the price isn't really an issue really these are the Ortovox 3 and Ortovox zoom, any advice on the best out of that bunch would be much appreciated.

Thanks

had the barryvox pulse and b/f collar for a few season,s know spot on every time had pieps before it but found on the deeper dig,s with the pieps

we were missing the tube on a good few occasions

my digging partner has the new b/f think we used it once seem,s ok but very big

but at the end of the day for me the barryvox is the best by far jmo

• Like 1

if the budget not an issue barryvox pulse and b&f collar is without doudt the most accurate and best bit of kit on the market , following that the bca tracker 2 is spot on , but you wont go far wrong with either of the above or the orthvox d3

Watched that clip,the man says that he couldnt hold the barryvox close to the camera because of interferance can anyone who has used it tell us if they,ve had any trouble from pylons or anything else.

never had any problem with pylons fenceing or anything with it over the last few season,s

• 4 weeks later...