Anyone Rate A Pump Action For Wildfowling And Pigeons?

There very hard to shoot if never done before I've been shooting 16 years first time I shot one I couldn't get my head round it forgetting to pump to reload and you have to be very fast I tried clays but game might be different some folk love them but there not my cup of tea I'm liking the auto for the extra shot and some thing I'm not to fussed about scratching in the hide pigeon shooting .

• Like 1

Had a 20g pump and sold it soon after. The sheer amount of shots missed because of forgetting to pump was just to much for me. I only bought it as it was a hush power and I wanted it to lamp rabbits of the quad but soon realised I was struggling locate all the cases so stopped using it and just sold it

• 4 weeks later...

Using a Pump is all about having a very consistent action and muscle memory, which you only gain from shooting the thing as often as you can say a few hundred shells.

Don't expect to buy one and be proficient with it after only a few outings as your be disappointed and wonder why you didn't buy a semi or O/U.

Having said that they are a great for rough shooting and hardly every jam as your the one racking the shells in, also your choice of shell size and load is much improved over most semis.

A bit like Marmite really mate, some like em some loath em.

But if you want to see what can be done with one with experience have a look at some of the American shooters on YouTube !

• Like 1

My mates got one I tried it for an afternoon on clays I would never ever buy one that's just my choice mind, I don't see the point doing what a semi will do for you what do you actually gain from it , I was surprised at how hard it is to get your head round it saying that my mate hoots ok with it but there not for me . As wasted for ever says be prepared to do a lot if practice with it the whole pump thing threw me jmo

I shoot with a winchester sxp pump,just use it for steel shot work as my o/u wont take hp steel!! so instead of having £800++ sat in the cabinate 6 months a year doing nowt,theres a £250 pump sat there!!!!! it took about 3 outings to get used to pumping it but now I can fire 3 accurate shots of in less than 2 seconds!!!! and believe me,you don't waste the 3rd shot like you do with the semi!!!

• Like 1

you was 1 of the 3 i was on about you shoot well with it .i think i ,am coming back to leeds as it is sh-- in montrose and get back with people with sence of humure these fecker are all brother sister bred got a pipe cleaner with less d.n.a than up here.lol

You must have been up there visiting the wife les?

• Like 1