I don't think the English truffle is worth what the French and Italian ones are,,, that said there still Worth a bit,,, I was also interested in this,,, but unlike bosun,,it WAS about money,,lol

Some young lad and his dad are very good at it, read about them on line the kids very good at finding them,, the English ones can just been seen above ground,, there not totally underground if I remember right..

They have started cultivating them by infecting the roots of trees with the spoors,, so they can farm them,,,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Terry 1975
      Good morning,

After deliberating over it for years, I have finally decided to (attempt) to learn how to succesfully forage for free wild food. I will be on a 5 hour guided forage around the outskirts of Rochdale, led by David Winnard this Sunday. The event looks to be exactly what I am looking for, a very competent guide and the site is reasonably close to home. I have another guided forage booked in November which will be led by somebody from an enterprise called 'Cracking Good Food' which again, seems to be led by experts.
      I searched the internet and found only these two events. I would like to be out more often. Does anybody know of any local club or similar that I might be able to join that will help me to identify wild food? I am in the Manchester/Bury area.
      Thanks in advance.

• By UThunter
      Check out this recipe for cooking your game birds or chicken in a wood fired oven.

https://wildforage.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/wood-roasted-chicken-and-game-birds/
    • By UThunter
      Check out this recipe for wild bone broth. Don't throw away your deer bones this year after you butcher your meat. Try this recipe for some delicious and nutritious bone broth!

https://wildforage.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/bone-broth/