Diabetics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Type 2 Diabetes normally comes on late 30s & up wards , its caused through not looking after your diet through life , basically your pancreas has been working over time producing insulin all the t

Baw ,if you over 30 , do yourself a favour and go to the quacks a couple of times a year , get your bloods done and a bit of an mot , don't wait for symptoms to show , theres a myriad of things that d

Wish my old pal took all the advise onboard. He thought it was all a big joke, sadly he paid the ultimate price in finding out it wasn't .. Sure it was type 2 he had but not certain. Look after yours

Type 2 Diabetes normally comes on late 30s & up wards , its caused through not looking after your diet through life , basically your pancreas has been working over time producing insulin all the time because of the bad diet , to much sugar/bad Carbs, Alcohol , bit like a engine getting rallied all over the place blows up eventually . certain organs need to rest now & then . iv been type 1 since a child & gone through all types of insulin over the years, got it all sorted now though .

Edited by BOLSTER
  • Like 5

Yeah mate I'm on insulin. Try to look after my self do go off the rails every once in a while but not massively. Just seems that whatever I do it's still all over the place. Haven't long changed doctors so hopefully they'll suggest something different to try

You should drop your levels at a steady pace as dropping them to quick can affect your eye sight

Like you derby lad I lost a lot of weight when first disgonse , and that's what's caused my eye sight problems ......

When I found out I had it it used to really get me down, started on metformin but now I control it with diet, when you get that balance right its quite easy to manage. :thumbs:

My dads had it for 25 yrs & he has just started on metformin , prior to that he controlled it with diet & exercise , so far he hasnt had any of the allied conditions diabetes seems to go hand in hand with ,nice to hear you manage yours with your diet Johnny :thumbs:

Suppose we're all different.. My nan lived the last 25-30 years of her life with t2 and while she did make certain sacrifices like switching to artificial sweetners in her tea, switiching to diet pop and having a banana on her morning toast instead of marmalade, she could never resist something like a nice bit of cake and used to eat far too much of what was supposed to be bad for her. Used to get told to 'piss off' or have the v's flicked at me when I used to tell her off! :laugh: :laugh: