• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its the opposite end to the flight

Come back max, all is forgiven

How do I throw a dart...ffs!!! Doesn't matter how you hold it it's all about rhythm and timing. Practice makes perfect.

How do I throw a dart...ffs!!! Doesn't matter how you hold it it's all about rhythm and timing. Practice makes perfect.

• Like 1

:laugh:you want to carry a small bag of weight lifters chalk.... :yes:

place it your pocket and then every time you throw a dart

put your thumb and fore finger in it stops the dart sticking to your hand

but don't spill any on your shoes

folk will think your bollocks have dandruff

:laugh: I ain't got a problem with it sticking, quite the opposite infact :laugh:

Aye aye jocky, did he not come from fife :laugh: I'm a perfectionist lab, if I do something I want to do it right ;)

Aye aye jocky, did he not come from fife :laugh: I'm a perfectionist lab, if I do something I want to do it right ;)

I'll just add I'm shit at darts... Lol

Only because counting backwards am rubbish at...so never played.

More of a pool man....;-)

I'll just add I'm shit at darts... Lol

Only because counting backwards am rubbish at...so never played.

More of a pool man....;-)

Same here mate lol. There is a good app for the counting bit :laugh:

Hartlepool lad Eccles just went thru first round beating Fitton

Another local lad from Blackhall Colliery playing there Prinns I think his name is

Hopefully he goes thru

Gnash told u hartlepool and surrounding areas produce Sportsmen lol

Only problem is Max the competition finished last week !!.....How they can call something a " world championship " when the biggest names in the sport are not even in it is beyond me..... mickey mouse competition that one.....but yes certainly a hotbed of pub sport talent by the sound of it.

• Like 1

Think you're over thinking this Baw, just grab the fecking dart and chuck it at the board FFS! :laugh:

Was brought up in a household that was dart mad, we always had a dart board in the house somewhere. I'm still shit at it though! :laugh: My old man and brothers can chuck 'em about a bit. All I can suggest about finding the right weight dart is to try a few for a while and see which ones suit you best. Don't think anyone can tell you which ones would be best for you, and it's not something you can read up on. It's all down to a personal preference.. :thumbs:

Ooooooohhhhh its so technical. Dart weight, shape, length of stems, shape of flights. Do you put your foot parallel with the oche or toes pointing at the target. Do you stand square to the middle of the board or to the left or right.

Practise is the key :thumbs:

Think you're over thinking this Baw, just grab the fecking dart and chuck it at the board FFS! :laugh:

Was brought up in a household that was dart mad, we always had a dart board in the house somewhere. I'm still shit at it though! :laugh: My old man and brothers can chuck 'em about a bit. All I can suggest about finding the right weight dart is to try a few for a while and see which ones suit you best. Don't think anyone can tell you which ones would be best for you, and it's not something you can read up on. It's all down to a personal preference.. :thumbs:

I think your right mate lol :thumbs:

Grip is inportant you have got the feel happy with it but you not know until you have done 1000s of hours practice which is the key, stance is very inportant, going back to grip i used to move my grip when i started playing a bit below and needed a big game and it worked for me in some finals which was good.. Do your stand eye level to the bull or left or right?

Yeah these BDO lot I think is the banner they play under aint a patch on the PDC pro's

But it's still Darts and a good watch all the same.

And just like the Boleyn the Lakeside has history.

I actually went past there during my driving test back in 88'

We are not trying to hold the World Cup at the Boleyn though Max......sometimes in sport if you dont move on you get left behind......and that old bdo mob have been left way behind.