Max and stig totally totally agree, the b.d.o. Is a stepping stone sad but true, i enjoyed my b.d.o. County weekends going away to the likes of humberside and montgomery and radner and seeing john lowe turn up to play against us in his lotus are the days i will never forget.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its the opposite end to the flight

Come back max, all is forgiven

How do I throw a dart...ffs!!! Doesn't matter how you hold it it's all about rhythm and timing. Practice makes perfect.

Ooooooohhhhh its so technical. Dart weight, shape, length of stems, shape of flights. Do you put your foot parallel with the oche or toes pointing at the target. Do you stand square to the middle of the board or to the left or right.

Practise is the key :thumbs:

I dont buy all that practise makes perfect stuff......practise will get you so far but without talent and ability your going nowhere.......i went through a phase where i was playing darts,pool and table tennis every day of my life for a good 2/3 hours :whistling: ......i never got any better than an average 45 with 3 darts......i tried everything,different darts,different grip,different stance etc.....nothing.......i could practise till im blue in the face i,ll never be any better than poor to average.......yet another chap i know went on to county standard within a few months of picking his first dart up !

Take you where ?......If you dont have the natural talent to begin with ?

I agree with that if your trying to compete at the highest level. But just to be confident at throwing darts in the pub if you practice enough you will be good enough to enjoy a game of darts. Think your lats must have been getting in the way....lol

Ooooooohhhhh its so technical. Dart weight, shape, length of stems, shape of flights. Do you put your foot parallel with the oche or toes pointing at the target. Do you stand square to the middle of the board or to the left or right.

I dont buy all that practise makes perfect stuff......practise will get you so far but without talent and ability your going nowhere.......i went through a phase where i was playing darts,pool and table tennis every day of my life for a good 2/3 hours :whistling: ......i never got any better than an average 45 with 3 darts......i tried everything,different darts,different grip,different stance etc.....nothing.......i could practise till im blue in the face i,ll never be any better than poor to average.......yet another chap i know went on to county standard within a few months of picking his first dart up !

Practice is the key.......... I meant for Baw to get the feel of things.

As I said on the other thread, I only play once a week in a league, never practice. Won tonight in 18 and 19 darts tonight. If I do practice through the week I play shit on a Monday !!!!!

Practice is the key.......... I meant for Baw to get the feel of things.

As I said on the other thread, I only play once a week in a league, never practice. Won tonight in 18 and 19 darts tonight. If I do practice through the week I play shit on a Monday !!!!!

i was alright at darts my maths was the problem :laugh:

Grip is inportant you have got the feel happy with it but you not know until you have done 1000s of hours practice which is the key, stance is very inportant, going back to grip i used to move my grip when i started playing a bit below and needed a big game and it worked for me in some finals which was good.. Do your stand eye level to the bull or left or right?

I tend to move, if I'm going for 20's I'm in line with the bull, 16's I'm to the left in line with it, 10's etc I'm to the right, is that wrong lol

The ideal way when you throw for treble 20 is to be cental to the bull so stick with that, when i was 17 i started slightly to the right of bull but slowly over the years got more inline, your throw action will or should tell you if you need to be inline or slightly off, a small amount of offlinement shouldnt be a big issue to being a good player just dont go.too far , i dont know of many i played with that was left of bull, ive had the luck to play darts with steve beaton and trina gulliver in my team which was a big buzz let me tell you, all the best baw in your persuit in hitting some big scores and keep.me updated if you want..

The ideal way when you throw for treble 20 is to be cental to the bull so stick with that, when i was 17 i started slightly to the right of bull but slowly over the years got more inline, your throw action will or should tell you if you need to be inline or slightly off, a small amount of offlinement shouldnt be a big issue to being a good player just dont go.too far , i dont know of many i played with that was left of bull, ive had the luck to play darts with steve beaton and trina gulliver in my team which was a big buzz let me tell you, all the best baw in your persuit in hitting some big scores and keep.me updated if you want..

I've found my man :) max, Frann, do one :laugh: Brackenboy, I'm going to pickle your brain with pm's :laugh: ideal, my very own darts coach, get in :laugh:

Bracken, empty your pm's .....incoming..... ;)

I doubt you can be coached online mate. You need to do what is comfortable to you. It's like golf..you can play at a decent level with practice and a bit of ability but you have to play with how you feel comfortable.

There might be the perfect technique out there but it doesn't mean you have to style yourself on it, it might just not work.

Infact face it your shit at darts!! Lol

I doubt you can be coached online mate. You need to do what is comfortable to you. It's like golf..you can play at a decent level with practice and a bit of ability but you have to play with how you feel comfortable.

There might be the perfect technique out there but it doesn't mean you have to style yourself on it, it might just not work.

Infact face it your shit at darts!! Lol

:laugh: I'll give it my best shot, fuckall to lose :laugh: I've through the odd dart over the years but never really took it serious. But I'm so tuned into it now. It's funny as well, my mates played in a pub league the last 20 odd year, I've went with him, never an interest other than the drinking and it got me my hole a couple of times when I was younger :laugh: but in the pub recently, I took the bait and played the c**t for a score, drunk of course. An auld boy gave me a few tips and I actually hit some of the areas I was aiming :laugh: but that wee bit of advice and the fact I improved f***ing dramatically for me :laugh: got me hooked. I've been practicing for a few hours a day since I got a board at the weekend and by f**k it don't half improve you. But I want to do it right from the start, don't want to learn bad habits. There is definitely more to it than meets the eye :thumbs: