Gentlemen, I Have A Problem.

Id go with Elliot's advice. If your in a club try as many rifles as you can and make a list of what suits you. then keep your eye out for a good second hand one. 400 quid will get a decent rifle and scope and bag easily. Nows a good time to buy as well if folk are a bit skint after Christmas.

mole I think hes talking about the bottle whip and gauge not a AA 200

I was not sure, because the full on target shooting 200 is a T200 or an S200T (identified by the gauge in the front of the cylinder).

Sorry for being a bit vague, guys.

My question about the Whip being maybe called something else if the gauge was included was meant to be about the bit that connects the air bottle to the rifle on any PCP type of set-up. I was thinking that there must have been a reason for not simply calling it "The tube."

Cut me some slack, guys. I'm new to all this, lol

James .... I only tried one of each type. I may be totally out of order here but it seems daft to buy a rifle for £300 - £350, get a gunshop to tune it and then find that it is still to strong. I may just be better off waiting to find one that I know that I can handle of the side crank or PCP variety..

Hi 5teve,

I am also a member of Blackburn Rifle & Pistol Club. I go with my wife on Thursday nights ( my wife shoots a Hw100KTand a Buckmark semi-auto .22lr) and I have a Hw100, a Daystate Huntsman and a CZ 452 bolt action .22lr. If I can help in any way let me know, also Bob and Neil at the club are very helpful and will put you right. If you are there on a Thursday night you can have a go with one of our rifles, this may help you to choose a rifle.

Just a thought mate, if you are a member of this club, why not apply for an fac and get a .22 rimfire? Your budget will get you a very nice one,the ammo is cheap as chips, no recoil, only need to lift a light bolt to reload, and they are very light, unless you really want to shoot an airgun? Give it some thought, maybe have a go down the club.

i'd say get a light pcp and a 3l bottle to fill with.

regaurding stances, avoid full prone lol, u gotta get back up again, if your targeting on a range, gun weight can be a little more, but for now start of with standing only, everybody hates it but its the best stance to learn, everything else is a doddle then, bar prone in this case.

if your getting into hide shooting then a carp bedchair will offer best posistion, adjustable legs adjustable back, yu may want to use a two wheeled trolly to lug it about, easier than you think though.

if you go walk about think about a gun that'll accomadate a chest harnes/3 or 4 point type, haves on back stress, but beware some guns wont let you rig one up without fouling on th scope, so the gun has to hang upside down and that sort of deducts from what youd save, because you'll have to twist the gun tp posision..

posably go for a pistal grip or thumb hole too. (it all adds up, and it adds to yu back basicaly, so any silly little thing that'll save a movent or reduce something will allow you a longer day before the pain sets in, and of course more years on the go to.)

after thought, if your familuar with the shoulder dismount, you'll want a usual grip lol.. the pistal grip gets in the way or the thumb hole? ffff lol... it does however seem to lengthen the day doing it that way, as long as you dont miss and launch the gun away lol.

Edited by ghillies