Young Hounds Step Up To The Mark !!!

Just wanted to share the highs and lows of hunting with a hound pack made up of mates !! We have a small pack of foxhounds some of you may know as the woodland foxhounds and it looked like it was going to be a shit christmas period for us due to a lad with us from the start but now former member spitting their dummy out. Earlier this week removing 3 of our best hunting and marking hounds from the huntmans kennel while he was out working because he had a part with our huntsman in getting the hounds with the attitude if we didnt hunt on his terms we wasnt going to hunt these hounds at all so all looked a bit grim for comming to the weekend. But today our young hounds stepped up to the mark without the seasoned hounds and hunted their hearts out and also marked to ground superb so scent depending our christmas hunting now looks alot brighter. So for lads thinking of setting a pack up just make sure all involved are on the same wave length first. Merry xmas and atb TRUE SAXON

• Like 8

Glad you had a good day saxon, get back to basics a few. Lads exercise a few hounds no hassle just good banter can't beat that, and please no names for this pack don't want to pester folk with more hoodies, sorry it's come to this but if people are pulling in different directions its time to part company for the good of the hounds, they should be the main concern at the end of the day.atb

• Like 1

ye will see you boxing day steve you stopping for a good drink ???

Be a shame not to... got a few lads on the phone so will try sort some transport out

ATB

Was nice to see you lot Steve and saxon good to see. Them young hounds got out. And what a good job Gary, David ect did at the meet.atb.

This will probably sound a ridiculous question but anyway . how do you keep up with the hounds (if your not on horseback ) and how do you stop them running onto land you don't have access to ? I have never been to a meet but I am very interested in hounds if im honest I would like to own one is it possible to use just one ? or do they need others around as said I know it probably sounds rediculos but I have no experience whatsoever

cheers

Lads with hound knowledge around you will defo help. And not saying you are but abit of advice if your wanting hounds to help get more work for the terriers forget it !! it aint as simple as that because a good marking hound is not easy to get hold of and a fox wont just go to ground easy because 3 or 4 hounds are hunting it . so if you doing for the hound work good luck but if its for the terriers forget it . ATB TRUE SAXON