Hunting Deer.

Ideation

Depends what's in the pack . . . . and how big the woodland is :laugh:

i have seen a dozen mixed lurchers/spaniels and terriers made to look silly in a small 14 acre wood. its not the size of the woodland its the cover within it :yes:

Yep muntjac certainly are masters at disappearing and wasting a lot of the dogs energy. I've almost stepped on them a few times whilst walking through bramble. And even when they do break I've seen a lot use ditches and fences to try and get away unseen.

I must admit I would've loved to seen a couple of small hounds hunting them and roe I've seen some YouTube vids of a Teckel type pushing deer out of woodland to be shot.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roe will run in big loops, bit like a hare, but may cross water etc, you would never bay up a roe, they run till they drop dizzy, and once you are used to certain areas, you and the dogs learn the usu

Around my area you could break wind and push Roe about,Fallow are restricted to the land they live in and will cross a river as easily as a meadow,any decent busher will soon come to terms with what t

3\4 grey 1\4 bull works well on deer.

Posted Images

Depends what's in the pack . . . . and how big the woodland is :laugh:

i have seen a dozen mixed lurchers/spaniels and terriers made to look silly in a small 14 acre wood. its not the size of the woodland its the cover within it :yes:

Yep muntjac certainly are masters at disappearing and wasting a lot of the dogs energy. I've almost stepped on them a few times whilst walking through bramble. And even when they do break I've seen a lot use ditches and fences to try and get away unseen.

I must admit I would've loved to seen a couple of small hounds hunting them and roe I've seen some YouTube vids of a Teckel type pushing deer out of woodland to be shot.

if i had my time again then a teckel pack would be something i would do :yes: