Whippet X Hancock Bitch Query ?

Hello everyone ive got a 3/4 grey 1/4 border collie bitch and will be looking to breed her in the next year or 2 for a pup myself for a bit of all round work and have been thinking about what to put over her, ive had whippet in mind for a while to make 1/2 whip 3/8 grey 1/8 collie anyone have this x or any thoughts on it, pics would be great if anyone has any and please no slagging off Hancock just useful and genuine info if you could please. Cheers Ben

be basicly a whippet grey with a hint of collie , be a handy cross on the right ground, but me id be looking a a whippet/collie so as not to breed the collie out

• Like 2

photo3_zps7c10160c.jpg

Here u go exactly the same way breed with mike browns strike as sire only 1/8 colie but collie colour and coat

Very powerful dog at 22" tts

i like him mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

A mate had a litter brother and sister bred exactly as you say, about 10-12 years ago. Great dogs on all quarry, dog was very useful on deer, and also cracking looking dogs. Haven't been in contact for a few years, but he still has them as far as I'm aware :thumbs:

it all depends on your needs, what quarry, ground etc but for me and my needs why not go with something like 'courseadog's' wee merle, its a topper.........you'd get the whippet input your looking for but keeping a good collie influence

• Like 3

Got a 1/2 whippet 3/8 greyhound 1/8 collie dog here 13 months old very pleased with him lamping very well for young dog marking for ferrets and in time will be tested a bit harder mates got litter sister only lamps with her but very sharp and getting good bags of rabbits for a first season bitch plenty of stamina considering amount of sight hound blood in them atb taffey

photo3_zps7c10160c.jpg

Here u go exactly the same way breed with mike browns strike as sire only 1/8 colie but collie colour and coat

Very powerful dog at 22" tts

I like this a lot ! yh this is exactly what I had in mind, seems a really common x witch is a good sign I suppose i was pretty made up with the whippet as stud but just wanted to be completely certain and now i am so thank you all very much.