Daystate Over Limit Help

Right guys I bought a pre owned daystate harrier SE roughly a year ago, today went to my local shop to part ex it and after testing they found it to be over legal limit it started from full at 11.7 then after a few shots rose to a steady 12.3!! which I am annoyed at as you would expect.

What annoyed me more was I bought this gun from a relative who got the gun from the same shop I want to part ex it into, the shop in question want to return the gun to daystate at a cost of £80 to have the gun brought back into limit. The shop tried a variety if different pellets and non of them brought it back within limit.

I no your not able to disclose this information direct to a forum and I'm not a gunsmith I just would like some help on how to detune the gun so I can legally sell/part x

It's a daystate harrier SE .22

Much appreciated jamie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And when my brand new hw100kt went over the limit within about a month of me having it I took it back into the shop and asked them to send it off to hw to get powered down. he gave me a right funny l

That's a good point and at the time I was that annoyed I never thought of that, I obviously don't want to sell this on being over limit so is there any way some one can point me in the right direction for de tuning?

The first thing I'd' do is take it back to the shop who thought it was O.K to give you a section 1 firearm.They were breaking the law themselves by letting you have it back. Doesn't matter if it's 12.1 or 30 ft/lbs. It's illegal.

im surprised they checked it before they was going to buy it off you.?

Everytime I trade guns in at my gunshop they just give it a quick once over and make sure it cocks and shoots and that's it. they don't test them in my local gunshops. probably not bothered.. I doubt they will do anything to them anyway, just stick them straight on the display rack until someone comes to buy them!

And when my brand new hw100kt went over the limit within about a month of me having it I took it back into the shop and asked them to send it off to hw to get powered down.

he gave me a right funny look and said that he was surprised that I wanted it lowering!

but they sent it off and it came back at a steady 11.5 bit higher than I wanted but better than the 12.7 it was doing :yes:

and they didn't charge me :thumbs:

• Like 1

all depends on the shop would you really want the bloke behind the counter to keep your gun? he thought he was doing the right thing by the lad by giving it back i mean come on id be fcuking pissed if the owner who cronod mine from sfs s2 tune at 14ft lb wanted to send it back to tony and he wanted 50quid to do it which it should have been free so not all will do for nothing aslong as it goes out of theshop below 12 if it rises thats on you then and have to pay unles you no wat your doing to fetch it back down

Ah right! The shop in question wanted to charge me the £80, I have no idea if this is what daystate charge, so I should contact daystate directly and explain my situation. I will keep this thread posted with my progress for future reference!

all depends on the shop would you really want the bloke behind the counter to keep your gun? he thought he was doing the right thing by the lad by giving it back i mean come on id be fcuking pissed if the owner who cronod mine from sfs s2 tune at 14ft lb wanted to send it back to tony and he wanted 50quid to do it which it should have been free so not all will do for nothing aslong as it goes out of theshop below 12 if it rises thats on you then and have to pay unles you no wat your doing to fetch it back down

Do you mean Tony wanted 50notes to put right a gun he had tuned. Was the seal still intact?

I would have been more pissed off if they had kept my gun, and with help from andy97 the gun in question is now pushing a constant 11.7 lb with accupells, very much appreciated and took me all of an hour to sort. Thanks