Ferreting Permission

Bigad

Knock on doors. Be polite. Dress reasonable. Ask don't demand. Introduce yourself from Hello. Try being insured. Take the ferrets to say hi. Offer to take them with you. Offer a portion of the bag. Take cards with name and number on. Innocent and genuine men don't lie. Its not an art to get permission, it's manners.

ATB, BB

Dress smart..be polite and smile a lot. Go alone.

GO back and ask again.

Offer to help out.

Might sound daft but at one point i joined a shooting syndicate and paid up as a member but instead of Shooting I ferreted..Sounds daft but if you cant get land close to home it can often be a way of opening doors to other horizons.. And if your good at what you do they should be inviting you out to ferret to the guns on the odd occasion in return for a bit of permission.etc etc.

its hard these days getting on any land thats not already been taken by other lads in same predicament.

Good Luck and dont give up.

Keep plugging away I have been asking one farm for 3 years he finally cracked this year. He asked me to drop him in a rabbit but I can't seem to catch one on his land :laugh:

so I got one else where and dropped it in . Some just don't like the hassle of being asked one lady this week said in last 2 weeks 3 people had asked her and I was number 4 and she didn't look happy so I won't disturb her again