Ivevgot a 04 plate with 17" wheels on it mate takes the piss a bit and says it's gutless on pull away which it probably. Is but it only cost me just a little over 40 quid to do 490 odd miles went from here in norfolk to windermere in the lakes driving between 65-70 mph. If it had the original 15" rims on it would of cost me alot more its like having a 6th gear. The drive is quite comfy bit tail happy unless you got a bit of weight in the back.

The mazda models up to 02/03 with manual 4x4 shift were ok, bit light on the back , but nothing a bag of sand or 2 didn't fix, 28/32 mpg depending on tyre size, I had 245/75x16 on worked well.

A bud has a later 2010 model, & its been in the garage more times than out, clutch, brakes,starter, think they have the 2.4 transit motor in, pain in the a$$. It may be a one off but there ya go . atb.

I've seen a test on that theory and in fact the wind goes in to the back of your pick and starts spinning round meaning that there's no drag on your tailgate but if you have a rollover cover on the air comes over your roof and presses down on the back acting like a spoiler thus creating drag and using more fuel.

used to go to Milton Keynes on work courses, just over half a tank there and the same back, had to top up in welshpool to get home, filled the back with some decking planks down there one time and used a hell of a lot less fuel on the way home, that's why I say the tail gate acts as an air brake, no theory, practical test