Ideation

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more pics of the beagle x cockers      

With this particular bitch, she is pretty biddable. It was one if my biggest concerns in getting her and bringing her on and so I've put a lot of time into her. At the end of the day she is a hound so

Posted Images

Cheers, she's coming a long nicely.

She's 3/4 Beagle, and the rest if mostly Teckle, with a splash of cocker and terrier. :thumbs:

She's got a good voice and is smashing through cover now, and for the most part if a biddable wee bitch.

• Like 1

I've been interested in a purpose bred busher for longer than I can remember.

How do these types work?

I've got images of them going off hunting up miles in front? I'm sure this is nonsense though.

Are they fairly biddable?

Do they give much tongue on scent and are they quiet otherwise?

Thanks.

With this particular bitch, she is pretty biddable. It was one if my biggest concerns in getting her and bringing her on and so I've put a lot of time into her. At the end of the day she is a hound so is happy to work off I to the distance baying like f**k, but for te most part when were out she will work close, smashes through cover, and the runners have figured out how to work a long side her. She's got a hell of a voice on her! She has changed my hunting a lot. I use her for everything, ferreting, bushing, shooting, ratting and for flushing out bigger stuff from forestry blocks etc. I got her to flush stuff out to the runners, but now I'm very seriously considering breeding her in the future and keeping back two or three pups, and having myself a wee pack.

• Like 6

Well, I've got a few things on my mind.... But a strong contender would be a half x cocker/beagle dog owned by fox pack/ smally. If he's willing. Interested in keeping the coat, voice, bidability and hunting drive. Think with a few of them, couple of runners and terriers should have some good sport!

• Like 2

I will do mate. She's shaping up to be a real asset to the team :thumbs:

Solid bitch as well, not that tall, size of a cocker, and she weighs over 15kg. :D Once she gets hold of something it's like having a hairy paving slab with a jaw like a gin trap hanging off you :laugh:

• Like 1

More often than not with this little hound I find myself just following her around, love how she starts to "chuff" on a line and slowly gets louder and more pronounced as she gets closer. The bitch has bags of character aswell, a nice dog that puts a good shift in and is really solid, I like her a lot I do. :victory: