Hunting Pcp Rifle!

Hi everyone I'm looking to go from a springer to a pcp sub 12ftp for hunting rabbits, rats and flying vermin but I don't want to break the bank or upset the mrs! Any idea was looking at the ultra but heard that when the presure gets low the shots aren't consistent any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Question. How many shot do you really need on an air rifle hunting foray? I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit, that 90% of the time you don't need above 40. Most pcps will do this as a minimum whil

How much you got ££££ tough to beat £720 on a HW100 (I'd go full size thumb hole, but you choose).

Mine was £720 from Bagnall and Kirkwood in Newcastle... I had seen for £700 in Durham, but the petrol would have eaten the saving..

Posted Images

I recently got AAs200 :thumbs:

Brand new they are around the £370 mark..

I got one 2nd hand with Hawke sights, pump, mag and gun slip for £320

I thought that was quite a good deal.. Its mint condition..

I was looking a bsa multi shots. I did not like the look of the cocking action.. Preferred the scorpion if I was going for BSA..

Seems be some good deals of Facebook with Crimbo coming up.. Best with Face to face transactions tho, you don't want to get scammed..

Edited by Giro

another vote for the Air arms, both the s410-

I had the .22 carbine and got plenty of shots for a days hunting, about 80 if I remember correct. lovely rifle good weight and balance. should get one 2nd hand for a fair price.

and the s200,

more shots than the ultra, not as many as the 410 tho, and the 10 shot mag adapter thingy can be hit and miss.

if 40-50 shots is enough for you then get the ultra SE multishot.

or a scorpion se.

or an ultra with a scorpion air cylinder.

lots of choices mate lol.

if it was me I would get the s410 and save up a bit more. personally.

or take out a loan / credit card and get a hw100kt :laugh::laugh::D

Question. How many shot do you really need on an air rifle hunting foray? I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit, that 90% of the time you don't need above 40. Most pcps will do this as a minimum whilst running in their sweet spot

I don't know, find your scope is out of zero, get it back in, and check to see it is maintained, could be 25-50% of your shots gone!

Question. How many shot do you really need on an air rifle hunting foray? I will bet a pound to a pinch of shit, that 90% of the time you don't need above 40. Most pcps will do this as a minimum whilst running in their sweet spot

HAHA, spot on, I bought an extra mag to go hunting the first time, so I have 3x14 shots ready. I have NEVER used more than 20 shot in one night INCLUDING zeroing the scope haha!!