Finally All My Efforts Has Payed Off

milo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il take her for a fortnight mate no problem! Give me a ring tomorrow 07864699821 home- 01761453450 we can have a chat mate

Harris hawks are vocal animals pr more than imprints! Believe it it's true being vocal doesn't mean the falconer has done anything wrong some are just vocal remember they are a pack animal! I like my

Sorry to hear that. Accidents happen,a couple of years back I somehow hadn't fastened a kennel door and my pointer killed my old terrier. I swear this is the only time I haven't closed a pen door in

Posted Images

Now I'm starting to run out of options I've taken some good advice ''crow'' and she's still the same,getting to the point that I can't be bothered to even get out hunting today,talk about getting depressed !

How much longer I can do this I'm not sure.

Correct me if I am wrong mate, but if she is silent hunting, and just a bit noisy at home, can you not live with that? After all she does seem to be a good hunter for you, and she may shut up next year after a moult, dont get me wrong mate if its noisy hunting I could never live with that, but surely a bit at home is not too bad?

Now I'm starting to run out of options I've taken some good advice ''crow'' and she's still the same,getting to the point that I can't be bothered to even get out hunting today,talk about getting depressed !

How much longer I can do this I'm not sure.

milo mine was in an open fronted mews started screaming I ripped it down and built a fully enclosed 1 with 2 thirds of the roof open that shut him up what's your mews like

My mews is fully enclosed with just two sky light panels fitted,I took her out just to exersise her this afternoon and she's started to call in the box aswell now.

I've got no falconry/hawking guys near with room to take her for a week or so,so she's going into one of my mates sheds and try and see off that will break her over the next week or so..

Fingers crossed

Edited by milo

How much have you killed with this bird? A harris is always likely to be vocal, but regular kills right from the off is essential.....otherwise all their attention will go on to you, it don't matter in what way you feed them, you are still the main provider......you need to be killing on every hunt if possible

I fly her every day so giving her kills every day would be impossible, the hawk wouldn't know the difference from a hunting day to a non hunting day if you know what I mean..

She's had a kill every week for the past few weeks..

Rabbit

Pheasants

Crow

I give her the opputunity to kill every day almost, she does go after quarry almost every day she's flown regardless.

It's a tough one, constant noise is frustrating & with a female it's twice bad as a male....vocal wise, I've heard of guys keeping them in boxes in the car just to keep it down......once they get into that habit it very hard to stop, did she kill regular from initial training?

Yeh she did take after a week or so after the manning and fitness training,I've changed my routine, adopted different methods around the mews,fed her differently in the last few weeks and she seemed to be getting worse..

It's just one thing to look at.....there's vocal & there's vocal, if it's not an imprint, then regular kills can help, goshawks are vocal in the wild, but I wouldn't expect a parent reared one to scream much if killing regular

Edited by Accip74