Finally All My Efforts Has Payed Off

milo

No work today so Sasha weighed in at 2lb 2.7 boxed up and away we go,not far 20 miles to one of our local haunts.

Quick mug of coffee of my mate and off I set,up to the local fern/bracken bank hoping for a bunny to pop up but nothing..

Has I head down with Sasha following on and sometimes coming from behind,I could see her take an interest down the along the fence line and Bang she was away she ploughed into it and then I heard the sound of a pheasant but she didn't bind to it and the pheasant went up on wing and went down the bank into the next valley

I carried on just mouching around from tree to tree and over some more braken beds when I seen a cock phessie in the corner of another field,so I decided to fly on down towards him and take a chance..

I managed to get in the same field and then called my hawk back to the fist and try the cock bird !

Flicked my video on and slowly creeped up a little and Bang rolled my fist and she was up and away but didn't go for the cock I had seen but she went left handed across the blood..y field and zeroed in on another cock bird''i didn't know or see him there''

She flew across that field with intent and the cock bird went up on wing and over a big hedge and she was on him like a jet fighter,I seen it all and she nailed him as the cock bird stooped down near the hedge of a field almost in the hedge,I was over the moon pleased is an understatement, all the times ive had near missis,and my male Rico smashed into them but failed to hold onto them ending up with phessie tail feathers,I've finally badged a good strong healthy cock pheasant,and it was in fair flight,not out of a car window,or mugged out of a tree ! But taken across the field off the fist and almost in the hedge,I've even got a video of it chuffed to bitts

post-2322-0-49486200-1384368196_thumb.jpegpost-2322-0-86555300-1384368238_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il take her for a fortnight mate no problem! Give me a ring tomorrow 07864699821 home- 01761453450 we can have a chat mate

Harris hawks are vocal animals pr more than imprints! Believe it it's true being vocal doesn't mean the falconer has done anything wrong some are just vocal remember they are a pack animal! I like my

Sorry to hear that. Accidents happen,a couple of years back I somehow hadn't fastened a kennel door and my pointer killed my old terrier. I swear this is the only time I haven't closed a pen door in

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yep Milos and another one bites the dust,tell you what crow I'll take you up on that offer if its still going of carlming a screemer down,because I have tried every trick and method in the book weight up weight down steady weight,gave game,flown every bloody day,never fed in or near mews in house or garden and she's started...

I've had a go full since my male died Xmas day that's all I've done is mess about with hawks and I've had enough,

Honestly thought this one was going to be a good one,started off brilliatly,totally silent and going well

Some say ''are its food related''others say''its partially imprinted''blar blar..

Well I'll tell you something Guy's she's only ever been fed away from her mews,and I kept her steady on her weight,then she started very slightly so took her up a touch she started again took her up more 2lb 3 response was a bit dodgy and she still vocal,only in the mews never outside..

If anybody near that can help or know how to shut her up when I'm up the mews fire away I'm all ears..otherwise I'm done I can't do it anymore all the hard work again down the drain gutted and all the hours every single day put in is just not worth it...PS..I'm willing to pay someone if they can shut her up in the mews.by the way I've just taken the add down now so she will not be sold.

Edited by milo