Thai Paratrooper Gets Cut From Chute

Its not really clear that they did cut him off you just hear a crack as the lead seperates. Either way he wasnt in a good place, I cetainly wouldnt want to be him if they had to land with him still attached.

I thought they always had a secondary chute?

• Like 1

Couldn't they pull him back in,,, ?

Or is it to hard when a plane is flying so fast,,,you would think all his mates on there pulling at one end,, would get him back in.....and surly the army have a procedure in place for such events........socks?

Couldn't they pull him back in,,, ?

Or is it to hard when a plane is flying so fast,,,you would think all his mates on there pulling at one end,, would get him back in.....and surly the army have a procedure in place for such events........socks?

i think they had all jumped already??? poor kunt either way and like you say youd of thought there were some procedures in place??

Its not really clear that they did cut him off you just hear a crack as the lead seperates. Either way he wasnt in a good place, I cetainly wouldnt want to be him if they had to land with him still attached.

The reserve chute is the one attached to his chest, it looked like his static line (the thing attached to the plane which makes his main chute deploy) somehow got tangled around it and pulled it off his body.

This is what is known as a hung up parachutist. The procedure is for the rest of the stick to jump. Then a HUPRA is used. Basically a big parachute is attached to his static line, and then the cable inside thelane is cut, so he floats down on the big parachute, attached by his static line.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=youtube+hung+up+para

Look at the top video of something similar happening to a Brit.

The reserve chute is the one attached to his chest, it looked like his static line (the thing attached to the plane which makes his main chute deploy) somehow got tangled around it and pulled it off his body.

This is what is known as a hung up parachutist. The procedure is for the rest of the stick to jump. Then a HUPRA is used. Basically a big parachute is attached to his static line, and then the cable inside thelane is cut, so he floats down on the big parachute, attached by his static line. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=youtube+hung+up+para

Look at the top video of something similar happening to a Brit.

That's almost identical why didn't they do that for the poor chap in the OP

Just goes to show the British armed forces are the best trained and the best soldiers in the world in my opinion.