Cold War, Hot Jets..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember watching a documentey on the real top gun in navada the buccaneers were still flying and the yank in a bunker had to shoot them down in come the buccs the yanks in the the bunker cou

Anyone like the Vampire with the twin tail? Or similar era the Ameican Sabre   Lightening pure class one of my favorite aircraft but also loved the shape of the Phantom   Please don't get me star

We had a de Havilland Vampire come over our house a couple months ago it landed at sleap air field shropshire I don't no why it landed their as its a light aircraft training school. Truly great sight

Posted Images

F**king hell watch this one lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yry2LnaNeXc

Hells Bells!!!!

The Vulcan Black Buck raids durring the Falklands set a record for the longest bombing sorty in history, I believe to remain unbroken untill the 91 Gulf war.

I was lucky enough to have got my private pilots license many years ago. I did most of my hours in the US because one hour was almost as cheap as a driving lesson in the UK and we were on holiday to visit my Great Aunt. The place I did my hours was run by a guy who was a retired Colonel in the USAF and he used to be one of the main instructors on B52s. I got given a tour round the airbase called Castle Airforce base and was allowed to fly the instruments simulator.

• Like 1

It's weird to think strategic bombers like those monsters were flying day in day out for years to protect our nation. Makes me proud. :thumbs:

Chances of surviving the mission they were designed for was probably zero as well

• Like 1

It's weird to think strategic bombers like those monsters were flying day in day out for years to protect our nation. Makes me proud. :thumbs:

Chances of surviving the mission they were designed for was probably zero as well

They'd have been fine mate, they were painted in anti flash white.. :laugh: :laugh: Brave men who would have gone on those suicide missions at such short notice, must have been very tense being on duty knowing that you could be asked to go on a final flight at any time.

Anyone like the Vampire with the twin tail? Or similar era the Ameican Sabre

Lightening pure class one of my favorite aircraft but also loved the shape of the Phantom

Please don't get me started

Buccaneer :D

Excellent program, fair play. V bombers and intercepters next week, looking forward to it..

I'll have to catch it on iplayer but that sounds like Vulcans and Tornados? The Panavia Tornado is iconic for me!

Defo the V bombers and lightning I'd have thought, so far the program seems to be about how we managed to keep our place at the very top through innovation despite being weaker on paper and broke after WW2. I can see planes like the Tornado and Typhoon coming into it at the end as we were forced to cooperate with other countries to build our planes instead of making our own by ourselves..

Love the Vulcan it regularly trains over my house, it really is a incredible sight. Had the Cambra up the other month to for its first flight since restoration.

That Vulcan only has a short time left on its engines and then it wont be flying anymore :(

Love the Vulcan it regularly trains over my house, it really is a incredible sight. Had the Cambra up the other month to for its first flight since restoration.

That Vulcan only has a short time left on its engines and then it wont be flying anymore :(

Surely there's a few Concorde spares lying about the place gathering dust? Concorde will sadly never fly again, may as well use her spares to keep another icon in the air IMO..