Sign in to follow this  
ferretman89

Whippet At Work

Hi all just a few pictures from the other day with me and the whippet. This is his first season and I was really pleased with him. Not had many rabbits with him yet but he is starting to get the hang of it now.

Started to mark sets up and is as good as gold with the ferrets. Love watching him when the ferrets are down he knows exactly what's going on.

Only down side I am having is one slipped the net and he have chase. Managed to catch it but what a bugger to get the rabbit back. Done work with him with dummy's and toys and he brings them back every time and gets a treat. Not when he gets a rabbit though.

After I got it back I praised him and then chucked it a few times and he did start to bring it back. Think if I keep working him he will get the hang of it?

post-57434-0-97229100-1383502345_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

You ll have some sport with whippet and ferrets good luck for season cracking dogs for bolting rabbits too no sitting back with the whippet do or die merchants atb taffey

At least your out there trying mate, let me know when the lamp has arrived.

Yea mate I will do, should be here in the next few days :-)

I will keep trying with him am sure he will come good like a few people have said to me, he's still learning and needs a bit more experience.

To be honest even if he was no good I would never get rid of him, he's my first dog :-)

Nice looking whippet love to see them with the ears up and on their toes when the ferret is below ground I have a six year old whippet still have trouble getting the rabbit of her Then when your back is turned she steals the rabbit back All part of the craick all the best with your wee dog.

Nice looking whippet love to see them with the ears up and on their toes when the ferret is below ground I have a six year old whippet still have trouble getting the rabbit of her Then when your back is turned she steals the rabbit back All part of the craick all the best with your wee dog.

Haha i know what you mean. I have had to put mine in a bag out of his way lmao. I just enjoy been out with him and i am pretty sure he enjoys it more than me.

Had him on the lamp for the first time last night, not a bad start for him.