Productive Day...

Well with the clocks going back last night and every1 being a bit disorientated with it being an even earlier start than usual... We where on the road by half 6 an picked up the ballyfermot boys just after 7 bells so on to the first bit of permission, now this burrow we first checked is usually a "tough" burrow but today was the opposite, I collared up my 2 yr old dog mac who's making good progress as a second seasoned dog, anyway hooked him off the chain an away he went an within few minutes he met his opponent, working him around the burrow till he stopped him at a handy .9 he could be heard sounding away and mixing it up [BANNED TEXT] needed be so we left him there for a while to make sure they were not gonna move, lucky enough they didn't budge, so graft an spade were brought into action an we were down to dog an quarry quick smart an removed dog an dealt with quarry,RESULT!!!!! Off again to check a few more burrows but noubt was at home, last burrow of the day it was and low an behold it was a mates bitch litter mate of me own dog which is 26mnths late starter, she wanted in so she was collared up an released an she hit the ground running which was a shock to say the least as this little bitch has shown very little enthusiasm to go ground, well she flew straight into the stuff an was heard baying away nicely, left her for 10 minutes an decided to get the box out an check for her, found her at 1.9 on the box and after an hour of hard grafting 1.4 down in hard shale the bitch decides come back up for "air" and to say hello to us, well she was picked up an put back on the chain, so we collared up another bitch out of the same litter an she was let into work the rest of the dig out which she did in her usual fashion.. She came back to the same spot an we finished the last .5 off with her keeping the quarry in check, so after another few minutes we had the bitch an quarry lifted an quarry was let run on for another day... ATB HG.

• Like 13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well with the clocks going back last night and every1 being a bit disorientated with it being an even earlier start than usual... We where on the road by half 6 an picked up the ballyfermot boys just

11ft from this morning

a few pics from today      

Posted Images

Well with the clocks going back last night and every1 being a bit disorientated with it being an even earlier start than usual... We where on the road by half 6 an picked up the ballyfermot boys just after 7 bells so on to the first bit of permission, now this burrow we first checked is usually a "tough" burrow but today was the opposite, I collared up my 2 yr old dog mac who's making good progress as a second seasoned dog, anyway hooked him off the chain an away he went an within few minutes he met his opponent, working him around the burrow till he stopped him at a handy .9 he could be heard sounding away and mixing it up [bANNED TEXT] needed be so we left him there for a while to make sure they were not gonna move, lucky enough they didn't budge, so graft an spade were brought into action an we were down to dog an quarry quick smart an removed dog an dealt with quarry,RESULT!!!!! Off again to check a few more burrows but noubt was at home, last burrow of the day it was and low an behold it was a mates bitch litter mate of me own dog which is 26mnths late starter, she wanted in so she was collared up an released an she hit the ground running which was a shock to say the least as this little bitch has shown very little enthusiasm to go ground, well she flew straight into the stuff an was heard baying away nicely, left her for 10 minutes an decided to get the box out an check for her, found her at 1.9 on the box and after an hour of hard grafting 1.4 down in hard shale the bitch decides come back up for "air" and to say hello to us, well she was picked up an put back on the chain, so we collared up another bitch out of the same litter an she was let into work the rest of the dig out which she did in her usual fashion.. She came back to the same spot an we finished the last .5 off with her keeping the quarry in check, so after another few minutes we had the bitch an quarry lifted an quarry was let run on for another day... ATB HG.

fair play HG sounds like u had a good day hit first burrow at 9.10 this morning and got bitch 11.25 at 11ft not a great day but any quarry dispatched is a good day take the good with the bad atb

• Like 1

should of tried to let the other terrier finish the job off it would of done her good to get a dead result

Well my friend if only things where that simple, where in a business where results are first an foremost our main target, the inexperienced bitch came out an was let down to see if she'd enter again but she was exhausted an we where pushed for time, so another dog was entered before we lost our chance of getting the quarry out safely. No doubt the bitch will be tried again in an easier burrow where we can build her confidence back up
  • Like 4

Well with the clocks going back last night and every1 being a bit disorientated with it being an even earlier start than usual... We where on the road by half 6 an picked up the ballyfermot boys just after 7 bells so on to the first bit of permission, now this burrow we first checked is usually a "tough" burrow but today was the opposite, I collared up my 2 yr old dog mac who's making good progress as a second seasoned dog, anyway hooked him off the chain an away he went an within few minutes he met his opponent, working him around the burrow till he stopped him at a handy .9 he could be heard sounding away and mixing it up [bANNED TEXT] needed be so we left him there for a while to make sure they were not gonna move, lucky enough they didn't budge, so graft an spade were brought into action an we were down to dog an quarry quick smart an removed dog an dealt with quarry,RESULT!!!!! Off again to check a few more burrows but noubt was at home, last burrow of the day it was and low an behold it was a mates bitch litter mate of me own dog which is 26mnths late starter, she wanted in so she was collared up an released an she hit the ground running which was a shock to say the least as this little bitch has shown very little enthusiasm to go ground, well she flew straight into the stuff an was heard baying away nicely, left her for 10 minutes an decided to get the box out an check for her, found her at 1.9 on the box and after an hour of hard grafting 1.4 down in hard shale the bitch decides come back up for "air" and to say hello to us, well she was picked up an put back on the chain, so we collared up another bitch out of the same litter an she was let into work the rest of the dig out which she did in her usual fashion.. She came back to the same spot an we finished the last .5 off with her keeping the quarry in check, so after another few minutes we had the bitch an quarry lifted an quarry was let run on for another day... ATB HG.

fair play HG sounds like u had a good day hit first burrow at 9.10 this morning and got bitch 11.25 at 11ft not a great day but any quarry dispatched is a good day take the good with the bad atb
nice "light handy one" for yourself hahaha. Keep at it bud
  • Like 1

I switched from the idea that a kill was the best confidence booster, to letting inexperience dogs chase live stuff at the end of a dig, it worked for me, it's not all ways convenient, but it gives just as much confidence....