Possible Project Rifle

Damn! I just typed out another post with the mk1 and lost it somehow :(

Anyhow!!

This is the poor mk1 Airsporter that suffered in the hands of a nincompoop!! :whistling:

It was rather poorly!!

sXKNhxj.jpg

A bit er... rusty but the black paint totally disguised it and I didn't notice it 'til I got home :laugh:

i7Nh63X.jpg

The owner had made an 'invisible' mend on the stock using polyfiller!!

This let go when he cocked and dry fired the poor thing!!

Invisible repairs.com...

xxGnwDr.jpg

I set about the action by slack belt grinding on a small linisher..

Nearly done!!

9ksQa7s.jpg

With the stock stripped and the action polished..

fqvp5Oj.jpg

Action re-blued, top one..

QJtVwy9.jpg

And the stock glued and pinned with 7mm home made Walnut dowels..

IDhO2hN.jpg

The stock being glued and using a spacer of planed to size pine then lashed with paracord to stay in position..

Xesgq7I.jpg

And finally, a couple of coats of Alkanet root oil, then two coats of Shellac based grain sealer then several coats of blended Tung oil rubbed in..

g6d2vNr.jpg

I can't show a pic of the rifle rebuilt as I still have to make a new leather piston seal as the old one was rotted in to bits!!, I still have the iron sights to reblue too..

Cheers, john :bye:

Fair play john good job on the mk2 mate. Be and Billy (kruby01) have decided to have a go at doing it ourselves as when its restored we would love to show it to the family and perhaps offer it back to them in memory of the great grandfather. It will time a while to do and chase up parts make and model etc but well worth the wait ;)

Atb

Dan

That's fantastic Dan!! Well done mate, hope you get it sorted for the family, that would be fab :clapper:

Cheers, John :bye:

• 1 month later...