The dog took an impact to the eye last night. Came home and the whole eye was blood red. . .. thought he'd blinded himself.

Looks a lot better today. . . . although swollen and a bit weepy, and still a little glazed, you can see the pupil, iris etc. You can see a mark in the center where whatever it was hit the eye. . . .

I've bathed it in salt water and given him some marbofloxacin . . . .

Any suggestions / advice / experiance etc???

The dog took an impact to the eye last night. Came home and the whole eye was blood red. . .. thought he'd blinded himself.

Looks a lot better today. . . . although swollen and a bit weepy, and still a little glazed, you can see the pupil, iris etc. You can see a mark in the center where whatever it was hit the eye. . . .

I've bathed it in salt water and given him some marbofloxacin . . . .

Any suggestions / advice / experiance etc???

as daft as it may sound .." cold tea bags" on the eye ;)

• Like 1

Do I squeeze the tea bag into the eye? Or just put it over. Is it just for the swelling or for the eye damage itself? Cheers for the help all.

just press it lightly on the outside of the eye it should take the swelling down :thumbs:

to be honest jai.....if I was you i'd get her checked out by the vet, my bitch took an eye injury a few weeks back on a night out lamping, she got spiked in the eye by a blackthorn or bramble when she crashed the hedge after a rabbit......I didn't notice it for a day or two after, when the eye started to go blue, I was gutted.... then you could see quite a large ulcer on her eye, so took her to the vets, and after about 8 trips back and fore, the vets, and a few courses of different treatments, she is nearly fully fixed. took her out last night for the first time since she done it,

hope it all works out for you,

all the best,

jay. :thumbs:

A blow to the eye can be damned uncomfortable to any dog but its a blow, a bang, so usually no different to you gettin a shiner and unless there is damage to the socket, a fracture or break then you'll do just fine with a cold tea bag (hold the milk!) or the like. Sooth and comfort till the damage and pain subsides.

Rips tears and punctures to the eye are a different matter and should be taken a whole lot more serious. Its the vets as fast as you can get there... What cost your dogs sight?

It seems like its ok now.

What worried me yesterday was that the whole eye was blood red. . . you couldnt see anything.

And you can see an impact mark on the centre of the eye ball. But he's lying on the rug chewing a bone. . . .