What Age Do You See Your Lurcher Slowing Down????

Depends on how much work they have been doing and being fit all through there life... my dog just gone 8 and iv noticed a bit this year. Takes a bit longer to get her running fit now, but she is doing well and I'm happy so that's all that matters I suppose... first sound like yours is going to slow down any time soon

Depends on how much work they have been doing and being fit all through there life... my dog just gone 8 and iv noticed a bit this year. Takes a bit longer to get her running fit now, but she is doing well and I'm happy so that's all that matters I suppose... first sound like yours is going to slow down any time soon

yeh fair point, and there all differnt some can go on till 9 -10 years old and get good bags, others can be fecked at 6-7 years old each dog differnt :yes:

• Like 1

we have a bitch here that is almost 9yrs and she is well past here best. same breeding collie bull greyhound.she worked 100% from about 12mt old, didnt need terriers to flush she was in the hedgerows her self. i used to wince at the bumps and thuds when she was on some thing. it all catches up on them at some point, as bird said all dogs are different. she started to slow down about 2-yrs ago.

I had a deerhound greyhound first cross years ago,worked him on hareall the time,never used him on the lamp,could give a hare a good spin but at the age of six he was starting to loose his top gear so i retired him,but i took him lamping one night during his retirement and he took to it like a duck to water,i used him for lamping for rabbit till the age of nine and then he lay around the house till he died at the age of eleven years,so like most dog owners you will know when he is not giving you 100% so then its time for you to call it a day,