Hi guys,

I'll be looking to buy my first PCP in a couple of weeks and was looking at a Prestige KUB RB in my local gun shop, and was wondering whats peoples thoughts are on them??

I've done some homework and found some reviews, half of which love them, and half of which hate them....

So any help much appreciated.

Regards

Lee

I would not buy it and rely upon it, for the simple reason Prestige Airguns lasted nearly as long as a snow drift in August! The came and went after a brief flurry.

Stocks has a reputation for cracking, some of the mechanisms could be very iffy (made in Korea by Evanix), if sorted they could be nice rifles. Basically a Webley Venom Sidewinder in a thumbhole stock!

It's priced at 450....but thats why some clever git invented haggling! I've had a couple springers before, but had to get rid of them :( and just wanting to try a PCP now. Plan on charging with a hills pump...

I believe evanix have made a reappearance as AC guns?? And their Blizzard 10 looks identical to the KUB.... :hmm:

I dont mind working with it to make it nice, as I love the stock on these rifles (providing it doesnt crack!)....and besides, working on them is part of the fun :tongue2: might be a case of hit or miss with these!

Edited by Powell93

was playing with a .22 one at the weekend mate, theyre extremely accurate but it needed 5.51 pellets as the 5.52 Superfields were a fraction too big for the magazine and the skirts overlapped the

edge causing them to be stiff when pushing the bolt forward.

Other than that theyre a decent rifle mate and seems a decent price for it too

Darryl

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/09/2023 at 20:53, Anthony 180 said:

I own A Kub 177 it was £340 in Wirral Guns and the mechanism is so smooth with the side leaver I bought a webley  raider 12 because if anything happens to the Kub I have something to back it up with 

Welcome aboard Anthony but I feel you may be a little late on this one, in fact 9 years to late not that it matters, just join in.

Phil