Collie X

lads every one has there own thoughts on a good fox dog,i have seen 1 good collie grey i would call a good fox dog,the rest i seen were wankers twisting turning a fox inside out waiting for an easy safe pick when it should have been dead first turn then it gets away over a ditch,then when they catch leaving the fox go to try and get a safer hold to stay away from the teeth,you will get the odd collie to be a gem,the amount of collie that throw in towel after a few hard fox is to high.any man who chooses a collie for foxes over bull wheaten or derrhound cross needs his head looked at.

Bull xs and wheaten happy to give you that......but it's the realms of fantasy to suggest there are any worthwhile deerhound lines xs out there for foxes..... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foxes far tougher here - we need to shoot them before a dog gets anywhere near them..... Them Irish foxes are f****n gay.....

lads every one has there own thoughts on a good fox dog,i have seen 1 good collie grey i would call a good fox dog,the rest i seen were wankers twisting turning a fox inside out waiting for an easy sa

had a deerhound x out of slacks lines that loved em only a small bitch 25tts and made easy work of them, she went to someone on here who had a few with her before she broke a hock and retired to a pet home, had a big big 3/8 5/8 hancock that again loved em and the more he got bit the more he fkn hated em and wanted to kill em but was shit on rabbits eat more than he retrieved. never had a bull x myself but have run with a few and for out and out fox night after night after night bull x or wheaton x are built and bred for the job. but you can certainly have fun with the collie or deerhound x on the red uns when the situation arises.

lads every one has there own thoughts on a good fox dog,i have seen 1 good collie grey i would call a good fox dog,the rest i seen were wankers twisting turning a fox inside out waiting for an easy safe pick when it should have been dead first turn then it gets away over a ditch,then when they catch leaving the fox go to try and get a safer hold to stay away from the teeth,you will get the odd collie to be a gem,the amount of collie that throw in towel after a few hard fox is to high.any man who chooses a collie for foxes over bull wheaten or derrhound cross needs his head looked at.

Bull xs and wheaten happy to give you that......but it's the realms of fantasy to suggest there are any worthwhile deerhound lines xs out there for foxes..... :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

not saying there is a particular line off deerhounds out there for foxing,i seen two outstanding deer/greys on foxes a bitch my friend had a great bitch,and a dog i seen work a few times who all ways impressed me,i wouldnt choose a deerhound myself over a wheaton or a bull cross.

what about foxes ? id like to use it for foxes when im out lamping?

if your looking to do foxes i wouldnt go for a collie grey,unless you can get a pup from decent foxing parents,hard to get a good collie on foxes these days,id go for a collie/bull/grey or wheaten grey or some sort off mix off them,would be your best option pal.

Collie/Greys on fox were common before the ignorance and prejudice of the ban,i truly cannot fathom how anyone ever knacked a fox with a lurcher before the infusion of Bull,Wheaten crept into the breeding programmes,yes some of them make for more than useful jukels,there was more than useful jukels of Collie heritage wasting fox,s in numbers about before the Bull etc. breedings became the New Lurcher,many of which are far inferior to the Collie curs of yesteryear.If i wanted a mutt to assist in Charlie bashing id look at acquiring a pup from such breeding,be that Collie or any other proficient parentage doing the task required.There,s good,bad and indifferent in any breeding,more so now,especially with Bull and Collie infused lurchers.

• Like 1

Slacks stuff are miles apart from the 30" monsters that Boris Karloff and his band of merry men keep.

they may be and i wouldnt dream of saying she was better or worse than anyone elses dogs! just saying she loved a bit of charlie and could do the job without any drama, she also lamped rabbits picked up big ears in the day and was a cracking ferreting dog! by no means an out and out fox dog as i said but she liked a look at em when she got the chance. before i got her she was put to a saluki bull x and the pups were monsters all over 28" and they did anything that was put in front of em night after night! not my kind of sport but each to their own!

jonny

if your looking to do foxes i wouldnt go for a collie grey,unless you can get a pup from decent foxing parents,hard to get a good collie on foxes these days,id go for a collie/bull/grey or wheaten grey or some sort off mix off them,would be your best option pal.

Collie/Greys on fox were common before the ignorance and prejudice of the ban,i truly cannot fathom how anyone ever knacked a fox with a lurcher before the infusion of Bull,Wheaten crept into the breeding programmes,yes some of them make for more than useful jukels,there was more than useful jukels of Collie heritage wasting fox,s in numbers about before the Bull etc. breedings became the New Lurcher,many of which are far inferior to the Collie curs of yesteryear.If i wanted a mutt to assist in Charlie bashing id look at acquiring a pup from such breeding,be that Collie or any other proficient parentage doing the task required.There,s good,bad and indifferent in any breeding,more so now,especially with Bull and Collie infused lurchers.

like you said way before the ban they were more common but not these days,im not knocking collie based lurchers there just not breed for the job these days,and you have alot more chance off bull or wheaten pup makeing the grade off grafting parents,

like you said way before the ban they were more common but not these days,im not knocking collie based lurchers there just not breed for the job these days,and you have alot more chance off bull or wheaten pup makeing the grade off grafting parents,

And deerhound...... :laugh:

Is,nt everything pre-ban now?.Ive seen more poor Bull cross lurchers than Collie types,the best killing machine ive ever seen was a Bullx,struggled to catch anything unless thrown from a moving vehicle though,ive seen Wheaton,s run around in circles looking for an opportunity to take hold,a trait i admire in a collie type,yet frowned on by some.In reality there are innumerous types and breeding concoctions that will do for Charlie boy,the beauty of lurcher ownership is to take off the rose tinted glasses and espy what else is out and about doing the do.If i wanted a fox dog and little else,not forgetting the requisite of the pre-ban,now im safe??,id possibly source a proper Bull type bred mutt,if i wanted to broaden my horizons and expect far more from the dog,id want Collie blood in the mix,a dash of Deerhoundy always aids development.