What's The Most Intelligent Breed Of Terrier?

Plummers borders jacks, ill make it s full house & say fells or lakeys :-) lolBit of a daft question, it's like asking what county has the cleverest people, there's clever & thick everywhere you look, be it man or animal.

Its not a dart question mate its an honest question but it is a pedantic response on your part :feck:
Pedantic, I like it!!!!

Your right it wasn't a dart question it was a daft question, case rested ;-)

Wha'ts your problem fella? have you nothing better to do than try and wind people up? If you have nothing positive to add then keep quiet!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plummers borders jacks, ill make it s full house & say fells or lakeys :-) lol Bit of a daft question, it's like asking what county has the cleverest people, there's clever & thick everywhere

It was a joke mate. I need a dog to go to ground and be bold but be clever enough not to smash itself up too much. A Plummer may be able to ride a bicycle and be the world champion at Angry Birds but

Plummers are the most intelligent.....       .........they're clever enough to keep themselves out of any bother by refusing to go to ground!!

Posted Images

the most intelligent terriers ive owned are................ . in years gone by. the old nodescript jacks. .........in modern times the plummer. this is just an observation from dogs ive seen and worked with. they also where are hyperactive and volatile. gassy little fcukers that are harder to keep kennel than the steadier natured terriers. i can only liken them to collies. if you dont keep them amused they tend to go wrong.

they are however very hard to beat as allround pesters multi taskers. if you get one that takes to fox below ground they can really be very handy bolters. and are usually second to none on top.

i'm sure most breeds produce dogs that exell at certain tasks but the old jacks cornered the market. as will the plummer in years to come. :thumbs:

• Like 2

the most intelligent terriers ive owned are................ . in years gone by. the old nodescript jacks. .........in modern times the plummer. this is just an observation from dogs ive seen and worked with. they also where are hyperactive and volatile. gassy little fcukers that are harder to keep kennel than the steadier natured terriers. i can only liken them to collies. if you dont keep them amused they tend to go wrong.

they are however very hard to beat as allround pesters multi taskers. if you get one that takes to fox below ground they can really be very handy bolters. and are usually second to none on top.

i'm sure most breeds produce dogs that exell at certain tasks but the old jacks cornered the market. as will the plummer in years to come. :thumbs:

Probebly the best description of a plummer i've ever heard there mate :victory: ,

• Like 1

Plummers borders jacks, ill make it s full house & say fells or lakeys :-) lolBit of a daft question, it's like asking what county has the cleverest people, there's clever & thick everywhere you look, be it man or animal.

Its not a dart question mate its an honest question but it is a pedantic response on your part :feck:
Pedantic, I like it!!!!

Your right it wasn't a dart question it was a daft question, case rested ;-)

Wha'ts your problem fella? have you nothing better to do than try and wind people up? If you have nothing positive to add then keep quiet!
I only gave my answer to your question, it's not my fault you didn't like my answer. It was you that started your "feck" emoticon, if you can't take a bit of banter in return, then again, it ain't my fault & to be honest it adds to my entertainment that you take the hump x lol

Or, Tibetan terriers, i find quite biddable

Or cains or scottys.

my nans yorkie used to fetch her slippers warm them by the fire then put them on her feet ,fetch her paper and reading glasses ---fecked up a bit brewing her tea forgot the saucer ;)

• Like 3

I can't really speak for other terrier breeds but this fell pup I have is as clever as any gundog or lurcher I've ever owned, it took me about 2minutes to teach him "sit" and "down", the amount of words that I have to spell out when talking to the Mrs. like dinner/breakfast/lead/walk/dish to save him from going nuts is unreal, he'd talk to ya, proper little character :D

• Like 5

I can't really speak for other terrier breeds but this fell pup I have is as clever as any gundog or lurcher I've ever owned, it took me about 2minutes to teach him "sit" and "down", the amount of words that I have to spell out when talking to the Mrs. like dinner/breakfast/lead/walk/dish to save him from going nuts is unreal, he'd talk to ya, proper little character :D

Sounds like you found a good one, have you had fells before to compare to?

So would you favour the plumber over the Jack?

Sounds like you found a good one, have you had fells before to compare to?

No its my first terrier, we had a jack russells around the house years ago though they weren't short of a braincell or two.

Edited by gary.l