Price Of Purse Nets

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LESS THAN 45 MINS AS THIS NET IS SHAPED...AND A SIZE 9 MUCKBOOT TO COMPARE SIZE... ,KNITTING NETS IS BY NO MEANS A RACE,IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY KNITTING NETS,THEN IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE TO BUY THEM FROM

I usually do my own nets and have just worked out the price is around £2 per net,thats just getting the supplies off e bay or one of the normal supply sites,i like doing my own nets and nothing like t

Hi there,I noticed the same thing,so just lately I've been emailing sellers on the famous site[[who bay]], to see how they can turn the nets out so cheap.SIMPLE THEY CUT CORNERS.Now I'm not saying

Posted Images

I would be very interested to see somebody make a net in 45 minutes,am not doubting them but i would like to see the start,a few rows in the middle and end of the net to see how i am doing it different,now i know somebody just cant wait to get onto you tube and show me,

I think weighing everything up,get some supplies and do your own,then even if you are a complete idiot (to me diy means, don't involve yourself),then you can call yourself a craftsman!!

See if the vids still on Youtube of Mick Dadd making nets :icon_eek: seriously fast.... :yes:

I usually do my own nets and have just worked out the price is around £2 per net,thats just getting the supplies off e bay or one of the normal supply sites,i like doing my own nets and nothing like the feeling of catching rabbits in a home made net,but some people are selling them at around £2.50 a net,either they are getting their supplies a lot cheaper or they are only making about £5 per ten nets,for anyone starting up i would recommend getting some decent nets at that price and not bother with getting the cheap nylon nets which am sure you would all agree are an absolute nightmare regarding getting tangled and poor quality compared to the hand made spun poly ones.

get yourself to chirk car boot pal, some woman sells nice hemp ones for her son....£1.50 each.

Something I still never tried, every summer I say I'll knit some, and end up buying some or making do with what I have, if I'm honest the older I get the more I wanna by to the dogs or use a long net, especially once freezers are fullish,if anything I'd like to knit a long net, but can't even fetch myself to start a purse net lol I think I'll stick to buying my nets off the guys that I trust and spend me nights lamping or pestering the wife lol

• Like 1

Something I still never tried, every summer I say I'll knit some, and end up buying some or making do with what I have, if I'm honest the older I get the more I wanna by to the dogs or use a long net, especially once freezers are fullish,if anything I'd like to knit a long net, but can't even fetch myself to start a purse net lol I think I'll stick to buying my nets off the guys that I trust and spend me nights lamping or pestering the wife lol

i always make at least one a day, i have made thousands and thousands over the years, long nets i make in square mesh but by christ are they mind numbingly boring to make, its easier to buy sheet netting and just customise it to your own requirements,. theres something special about a rabbit or something caught in a net you have made yourself but again untill the technique is perfected don't be surprised to see a few run after your knots were not quite as good as you thought :laugh: