6 Months On

My jack Russell bitch

Put a topic on a few months back

Well the story was that shed chase rabbits all day but would stop at cover

Few months later she's the best terrier I've had ive put a hell of alot of time into her from then to now and she has been a very testing dog from hunting up feilds away and becoming deaf to her recall is brilliant had a few days out this season so far with her and she's marking 100% so I'm very pleased scince I've never had a dog that's marked it's made life a lot easier so here's a rabbit that we ferreted today afte she bushed then corsed for 200 yards plus then eventually put it to ground and marked then ferreted

null_zpsceb06d3a.jpg

• Like 2

I remember reading your post and replying that my terrier was having similar problems/ bad recall/ interested one day and not the next.But i must say now that she is coming along fine. When she is on a hot scent there is no stopping her. I have also noticed that she whines and yips when she is close to her quarry something that she never used to do and this last month she has caught a few rabbits in the cover/ probably flukes though haha. Anyway glad to hear yours is doing you proud L4L hope she continues to do so atb daywalker.

Yeah mate I remember

Mines a different dog mate she cries when close to the bunnys she's caught a few and started marking in the summer but I've never ferreted until these last few weeks with her and I've gained trust with her marking straight away every time she marks there's rabbits home which I'm realy chuffed after never owning a marking dog and tbh all my mates dogs have either been false marking or just never mark so ferreting wise I've never done real well but I've got a few permissions holding a good head of rabbits so I should do well this season atb with your terrier DNw

L4l

Just out of interest you say you put a lot of time in to bring them right but doing what exactly in having exact same problem just got a patt bitch 8 months old cracking bitch and mad to work had her ratting can't fault her good with my other dogs but when out its like she's deaf now when at home recal is 110% what did you do to get your recal up to scratch whilst out with ur dogs advice will be much appreciated cheers Tom

Yeah mate I remember

Mines a different dog mate she cries when close to the bunnys she's caught a few and started marking in the summer but I've never ferreted until these last few weeks with her and I've gained trust with her marking straight away every time she marks there's rabbits home which I'm realy chuffed after never owning a marking dog and tbh all my mates dogs have either been false marking or just never mark so ferreting wise I've never done real well but I've got a few permissions holding a good head of rabbits so I should do well this season atb with your terrier DNw

L4l

Dont over praise her for marking L4L, thats when you can get problems false marking, dog looks well, good times ahead, atb, buster.

• Like 1

Been out with this terrier a fair few times and got to be honest she is a great bitch and a would happily have her in my kennel

And oi I recognise that shovel haha

Atb mate and look forward to the rest of the season working with this bitch

;)