What .22Rf Ammo You Getting Best Accuracy With

i dont have any problem stopping rabbits stone dead with SK HP :D

check out my video "160 rabbits" on youtube.

Cheers

Daz

no dowt the sk can stop rabbits just find Winchesters have slightly more whack if you know what i mean , also do you find the lubricant on them a bit sticky rubs off on yer fingers , i dropped some loading once and all the grit and dirt sticks to em like s##t to a blanket, but still are the most accurate ammo i have used but the shop i use don't stock em , will try a box of eley see how they perform

shergar

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shergar

thats the only thing i don't like about the sk they are a bit over lubricated but it makes them cycle really smoothly.

i empty a box in my pocket first and that removes the lubricant enough.

i found that the winchester is a harder hitting bullet but at normal shooting ranges it really doesn't matter if you hit them in the head there dead

and i prefer accuracy over power but i do know what you are talking about.

Cheers

Daz

aye up rat destroyer

just watched your video , nice bit of shooting there , i see you don't get much what i call flash back from the smoke that exits the barrel , when i use Winchesters with my night vision unit i get a white out on my screen when i pull the trigger only for just a split second , maybe one good reason to go back to sk.

where a bouts do you source your sk's from? i am from York area

cheers shergar

i usually get mine from Davey And Son at Wykeham near scarborough i am not sure if they are cheap but its close to me.

a lot of people say SK are dirty but i don't find them to be to bad i try not to clean the barrel too much because that gives inconsistent accuracy

i find its better to let the barrel bed in after cleaning and then just leave it until the accuracy starts to wander.

thats why some people say some rounds are better than others they clean their gun then fire a certain type of ammo through it and find its not to accurate

then they try another type of ammo and after a few types of ammo they start to see an improvement in accuracy forgetting they started with a clean barrel :thumbs:

i know different ammo shoots better than others but i find its better to start on a level playing field as it were if you get my drift.

cheers

Daz

cheers for that Daz

next time i am out that way i will call in

use to get my sk's from the shop in harrogate but the last few times i have been in he had none so gone back to Winchesters , what do you pay per box , i pay £5.50/box Winchesters £6 for sk , i had a trip to red beck last week looking at some pcp air guns so while i was there bought some whinnies at £4.10 box just a bit far to go just for ammo, i too don't find sk to be dirty i find with whinnies you have to clean around the breach every so often so they don't jam.

thanks shergar

I have tried mostly everything, and after many (30) years,

22 Winchester Sub's are the standard against all the rest, easy to buy, and everyone has them.

In my current rifle (Sako Finnfire Varmint). The most accurate are Geco 'target' and I choose them for

everything except most live quarry.

I've tried Eley and RWS both are as good as Winchester but I cannot get them locally.

My worst have been CCI standard, the Velocitor HV however are brilliant.

Magtech were surprisingly good (i.e. cheap) but only could get them briefly

in a shop in Coventry (Godiva Guns), then no more? (Working Away from Devon).

Andy F

andy glad i just read this thread i was looking at some cci to have a go with because they are cheap but i think i will give them a miss and stick to my SK

i dont know what price they are now until i go and get some maybe today.

i will keep you posted.

Shergar i can alway get a brick for you if the price is right and drop them off on my way past if you want.

Cheers

Daz

I have tried mostly everything, and after many (30) years,

22 Winchester Sub's are the standard against all the rest, easy to buy

Agree I was shooting rabbits in NZ for pet food processors. Winchester subs were all round best value powerpoints were ok as well but reduced effectiveness of suppressor or silencer. Occasionally we'd get a sh#tty box chuck it and start on the next one. Sometimes subs didn't have enough charge to reload a semiauto action and would get a jam.

SK's are the most accurate in my Annie 1417. At fifty yards the difference is small but at seventy they show superior accuracy and that's what matters to me. CCI segmented hit really hard though and are accurate enough out to sixty yards at least. The rifle isn't fussy though really and shoots most brands fairly well. Eley's good but last lot I had were well down on power @ 900 fps velocity and the trajectory was more curved so I haven't had any since. £5:70 a box of 50 for SK's so not too bad.

Hi:

I have used 'all sorts' down the years, sometimes what I've bought has been dictated by what the shop has, (familiar or what?).

Anyway my choice is Winchester Sub's best all round, easy to find, reasonable price, and accurate (4 different Rifles worth).

The most accurate though is none of the usual 'suspects' NO, its GECO 42gr Target, they are just 'the DOGS' keyhole groups

not quite supersonic so quiet, only problem is they are solids, and pass through a rabbit like it's not there, then richochet all over the

county, Oh Dear.

AndyF