Cocker Spaniel Pups

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bullshit. Any idiot can scrape together that money and line the poor c~nt every time it comes into season to recuperate the losses of buying it. The gundog scene is a joke and has been for years Pe

One pup will cover all costs then stud fee about 200 bag of beta puppy 30 odd quid which they'll only need one bag, panecure 10% about 15 quid, docking about a tenner a pup and kc papers about 12 poun

If you don't want a spaniel .... Why comment. That's what they cost (ok that might be a bit steep by about 150 quid). But that's life, it might not be right, but that's the going rate!

650 is a bit steep id rather have a pup from a good beaters dog than a field trial champion ,ive seen a few

field trial dogs that were only good for picking up on a shoot not much cop in a beating line. good luck with

the sale of your pups though

650 is a bit steep id rather have a pup from a good beaters dog than a field trial champion ,ive seen a few

field trial dogs that were only good for picking up on a shoot not much cop in a beating line. good luck with

the sale of your pups though

. . . . . if a field trial spaniel was no good for hunting cover etc . . . . it wouldnt be a field trial spaniel. . . . .

There is a lot of shit spoken about trialling dogs. . . . and its mostly because people either cant handle them / train them . . . . or the dogs actually are not field trial dogs. . .

• Like 2

Just a thought but if the chap was to market them for say 350-400 would they be taken seriously by many serious spaniel men? Or considered "just average spaniels" despite having a 'top' sire.

I don't like it one bit but it does seem the way of the gundog world....

Not something I like at all but such is life.

I can't believe you lads are abusing this lad and not the person selling unregistered gwps for 575 and would swap for tyres?

I think all working gundog breeds are over priced but if people are gonna pay them prices it's up to them.

• Like 3

One pup will cover all costs then stud fee about 200 bag of beta puppy 30 odd quid which they'll only need one bag, panecure 10% about 15 quid, docking about a tenner a pup and kc papers about 12 pound a pup.

I personally think pups are to cheep if the price of pups was much higher then the rescues wouldn't be so full put it this way how often do you see french bulldogs in rescue centres

Or if dogs where for free there would be no motives behind breeding, there would be more genuine litters than clowns breeding for profits!

I personally think pups are to cheep if the price of pups was much higher then the rescues wouldn't be so full put it this way how often do you see french bulldogs in rescue centres

I don't know as I wouldn't be visiting a rescue centre for a worker....is that where you get yours?

i agree the price quoted is very high, and going to a ftch sire means F all, and then dropping Opies name in means F all too, great selling tactic to numptys, but so what if Opie owns it, and its a FTCH it says F all for the bitches line, what work does she carry out, is she quality, no noise or hard mouth?

too many people go to a ftch stud and think that will sell the pups, it may if your blinded by red pedigrees, or by big names, but "gun" is the real deal but is the bitch? and do the line compliment each other, the gundog world on the whole is a mess, too many people go to the popular sire of the line and use that as a selling point no real thought is put in, quality spaniel pups can be found constantly with ftch x ftch breedings found for the same price or cheaper, if your looking for highly bred ftch lines at affordable prices with the dam well proven aswell as the dog, look in Ireland, the £ sign hasnt took such a hold out there.

good luck with the sale,

• Like 2

the price IS high, but it's not at all unusual in cockers. I've seen higher, and I've seen lower. I wouldn't worry about that, but what I'd be more interested in is the bitch line-

anyone can go and use one of Opie's FTCh dogs, but all the dog can do is ENHANCE what's already there in the bitch line, it can't make up for or cancel out a poor or mediocre bitch.

Dig deep, I'm not casting aspertions on your bitch, she might be amazing for all we know, but that's just it, we don't know, and chucking a FTCh dog's name around shouldn't impress anyone without knowing a lot more about her.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone not even post an advert without people talking shite on it. Like all things in this world, something (animals included) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if someone wants one of these pups they will pay the asking price. If you don't want one then stop having a go at the price as its not your money!!!!! And fair play if the bloke makes a pound or two. The buyer gets a quality dog and the breeder gets a reward for their hard work. Everyone's a winner!! This site is actually unreal sometimes. Atb with the pups mate.