Couple Hours Out

P280913_1721_zps10367b32.jpg

P280913_1719_zps104172eb.jpg

Couple hours out this afternoon with the lad an the fly rods, we only caught 3 fish all under 1lb and all released to get bigger for us lol my phone battery run out so no pics of the fish. My lads cast is really getting there with his wee 3 weight brook rod. We back out tomorrow weather permitting so hopefully we get a couple pics of some fish to add, he was jealous after seeing young Fins bday day out thread so here's his thread lol

• Like 9

P280913_1721_zps10367b32.jpg

Couple hours out this afternoon with the lad an the fly rods, we only caught 3 fish all under 1lb and all released to get bigger for us lol my phone battery run out so no pics of the fish. My lads cast is really getting there with his wee 3 weight brook rod. We back out tomorrow weather permitting so hopefully we get a couple pics of some fish to add, he was jealous after seeing young Fins bday day out thread so here's his thread lol

He will get a good fight on a #3 with a decent trout. Best of luck to the young lad. Nice to see young people having a go.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Aye it can take me back to being a lad as well lol he is gutted now the trout season is done, we have got pike/grayling and barble in our sights now tho, so we will see what happens, I'll need to sneak a few days in whilst he at school tho cos of he catches a grayling before me on fly rod I'll never hear end of it lol

Aye it can take me back to being a lad as well lol he is gutted now the trout season is done, we have got pike/grayling and barble in our sights now tho, so we will see what happens, I'll need to sneak a few days in whilst he at school tho cos of he catches a grayling before me on fly rod I'll never hear end of it lol

Your right there mate,

That first mullet Fin had, he was telling me I was striking too early and all sorts.. Next thing he says here dad let me sit on you box and have a go, the tip goes round, he strikes and he's hooked another bloody mullet.. Lol...

He's told everyone he had to teach me how to strike lol... They know it all at 8 these days lol... I expect we were the same though..

Aye my lad just turned 7, an has told all his mates he showed me how to fish a bubble float and fly lol it of confidence and cockyness won't do them no harm, be good to see them in a few years tho as if fished since I was a kid but I can honestly say I was no where near as clued up as these kids are today, in a few years I bet they are teaching us stuff lol

• Like 1