Shooting 160 Rabbits In One Night

yes the farmers are very happy with the job we do and thats the whole point.

giro did you see the end photo

Magwitch and I used to shoot about 50 a night when we started controlling some orchards , we could have driven round again and shot the same amount if we had wanted to but didn't contenting ourselves with what we could use.

Then, as you would expect the numbers gradually dwindled

I think you have to strike a happy medium , shooting enough keep the farmer happy but leaving enough to make it worthwhile for repeat visits and to provide some sport . How long do you expect it will be before you are scratching to shoot 30?

It's a question of balance imo.

Knocking over vast quantities of bunnies is easy if the numbers are there, and you have a .22 or .17 with I. R . shooting out of a vehicle,.but do it regularly and they won't be there for long.

After the intial couple of big bags it gets a bit repetitive and the buzz soon goes out of it, we looked on it as useful meat and a key to other permission, but I can't say it was exactly thrilling.

Practically speaking I want to find a use for what I take,and 160 rabbits takes up a lot of freezer room, even if they are minced and bagged, friends, and my dogs take some, and I eat a few but if I can't utilise the meat, I won't shoot them. Quantity is not quality.

Just my take on it.

Edited by inan

i have had 3 people ring me in the last week wanting to order the sniper cam as antony won't answer his emails or is phone. . wots the point showing what the sniper cam can do if you can't contact him. i give up. the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off

Edited by 72line per

Hi Inan

we are serious pest controllers and we don't do this for fun its not funny in the slightest its a job that needs to be done its a very very serious problem.

believe me after you have been out shooting for 14 hours getting bounced about in a 4x4 walking up and down hills picking up rabbits gutting them the last thing you think is WASN'T THAT FUN.no it wasn't it was bloody hard work.

we shoot over 10,s of thousands of acres so we will never run out of rabbits to shoot and if we went soft on them they would take over in no time at all so we really do have our hands full keeping the numbers down its not as easy as you might think bearing in mind one pair of rabbits can become one hundred rabbits in a year.

all our rabbits go straight into the food chain fresh the morning after we shoot them.

theres a massive differance between what we do and what recreational shooters do.

i am also a recreational shooter on my days off and i fully understand what you are saying but when we are asked to do a job WE DO IT PROPERLY no messing.

but i do get your point not every one as the amount of land we have to control so you can manage allot more easily

Cheers

Daz

• Like 2

No I never seen it mate but will take a look...

Its impressive that amount of numbers...

Be some weigh in at the game dealers...

Some of my bits i could shot 100 odd but it would be only once..

I am waiting for my 2.2 Lr - I am just going to pop of the ones the dogs would never get..

It was a good result for you :victory:

Some places are going to produce numbers like that this year we are shooting sixty a fortnight on one permission and its like you where never there . its going to be a great year numbers wise for the guys that get out and do a bit