Famous Terriermen

So your saying all these "authors" / terrier men inspire, if you can't get inspiration from your dogs an actually been out working them, then give it up, like how many of these lads that are writing these books/fanzines actually contribute anything back to the terrier world, like donating money to working terrier clubs or other associated clubs???? I doubt it very much any of them are, too busy lining there own pockets

there books could be read by youngsters who may not have dogs yet but might after reading it. if someones purely out for money there must be far easier ways than writing terrier or lurcher books and the spanish inquisition that goes with it :laugh:
Well it's between writing a book

Or robbing the local post office haha

What would you choose ?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bluck's name shouldn't even be in the same sentence as ''Harcombe'' !

The above 2 that you mentioned are fame hungry terrier men rather than famous, as u said about your own mate nobody's heard of him an that's the way it should be, in all fairness who the f##k wants fa

Always woundered how people become famous dog men and the internet also is a big factor !! Bet way is get your head down and put the miles in dont worrie what anyone else has in there kennels worrie a

Posted Images

But i will also say this, there are, as has already been stated, working dog men / women out there who work their dogs regular and hard, who dont write books, and perhaps without this sort of person the standard of working dogs in the country would fall, but it doesnt mean for one minute that some who do write occasionally have lesser quality stock. Myself, i have shit dogs and cant spell f***ing oxo, so, i like to hear about others out in the field :thumbs:

• Like 3

But i will also say this, there are, as has already been stated, working dog men / women out there who work their dogs regular and hard, who dont write books, and perhaps without this sort of person the standard of working dogs in the country would fall, but it doesnt mean for one minute that some who do write occasionally have lesser quality stock. Myself, i have shit dogs and cant spell f*****g oxo, so, i like to hear about others out in the field :thumbs:

Haha well your well in the shit then mate shot dogs and can't write a book

Looks like robbing the local posty it is lol

• Like 1

So your saying all these "authors" / terrier men inspire, if you can't get inspiration from your dogs an actually been out working them, then give it up, like how many of these lads that are writing these books/fanzines actually contribute anything back to the terrier world, like donating money to working terrier clubs or other associated clubs???? I doubt it very much any of them are, too busy lining there own pockets

there books could be read by youngsters who may not have dogs yet but might after reading it. if someones purely out for money there must be far easier ways than writing terrier or lurcher books and the spanish inquisition that goes with it :laugh:
Well it's between writing a book

Or robbing the local post office haha

What would you choose ?

my book would be shite so only one option :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fame in the hunting world is a double edged sword fair play to lads getting themselves a few quid out of it but at the end of the day the books and pics do more harm than good to the men's reputation and working dogs in general someone will always have an axe to grind

• Like 1

for what it's worth I reckon as has been said there are some good authors who can spin a yarn and some that just seem to be repeating the same old tales with a different slant, they must do it for some type of recognition unless they start like harcombe did because they were skint,

but how many youngsters that aren't into dogs gonna go out an buy or borrow a book on terriers or terrier men very few in my opinion, also it's lads that are already in the game that are mostly buying these books, I've always had interest in the up keep of dogs,whether they be German shepherds or lurches or terriers, but u do have a fair point, but what got me into terriers which is a bit of a strange one was when the cook report exposed TP, probably not the right thing to inspire me but it did an I'm delighted I watched it as a young lad, so gonna eat humble pie an say if that inspired me a terrier book can inspire the next generation of working terrier enthusiasts