Famous Terriermen

Now lads this isn't trying to cause a fight or bitching fest so don't make it that

Mods take it down if it does cheers

Right now by mean famous I mean well known

You know the likes ( harcombe -Bluck etc...)

Now I have huge respect for some of them and for what they have done

So did these men become who they are purely by owning great workers and becoming known around the country for the digs they did

Or was it because they dig a few and write a book and think they have done it all

As in I know a few lads who there lives are there terriers and digging but no one as ever heard if him because he didn't write a book

Your opinions please

Atb Tom ;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bluck's name shouldn't even be in the same sentence as ''Harcombe'' !

The above 2 that you mentioned are fame hungry terrier men rather than famous, as u said about your own mate nobody's heard of him an that's the way it should be, in all fairness who the f##k wants fa

Always woundered how people become famous dog men and the internet also is a big factor !! Bet way is get your head down and put the miles in dont worrie what anyone else has in there kennels worrie a

Posted Images

The above 2 that you mentioned are fame hungry terrier men rather than famous, as u said about your own mate nobody's heard of him an that's the way it should be, in all fairness who the f##k wants fame, there are plenty of lads around that have the best of dogs that couldn't give a bollox about fame, there only interest is there dogs, too many folk out there want the fame rather than go out an dig the game, you just have to go back through the treads on here from the years gone by an look at the names been mentioned whether they want the fame or not, every year someone different is mentioned an then there most talked about. As I'll say f##k the fame, just get out an dig the game

• Like 10

The above 2 that you mentioned are fame hungry terrier men rather than famous, as u said about your own mate nobody's heard of him an that's the way it should be, in all fairness who the f##k wants fame, there are plenty of lads around that have the best of dogs that couldn't give a bollox about fame, there only interest is there dogs, too many folk out there want the fame rather than go out an dig the game, you just have to go back through the treads on here from the years gone by an look at the names been mentioned whether they want the fame or not, every year someone different is mentioned an then there most talked about. As I'll say f##k the fame, just get out an dig the game

Exactly mate glad I'm not the only one that thinks so

Like you say worry about your dogs and digs and not what billy from up north thinks

Was just wandering what others thought

Cheers Tom ;)

This should make an interesting thread Tom :blink: from reading previous threads on here the general opinion is.......Plummer,regurgitates others stories as his own,Harcombe,the real deal,the last Bluck thread was pulled as it was calling him a grass and a puppy peddler,pretending to be someone else to big up his show or books or something like that :icon_eek::laugh:

This should make an interesting thread Tom :blink: from reading previous threads on here the general opinion is.......Plummer,regurgitates others stories as his own,Harcombe,the real deal,the last Bluck thread was pulled as it was calling him a grass and a puppy peddler,pretending to be someone else to big up his show or books or something like that :icon_eek::laugh:

Haha aye mate interesting it should be and not a slagging match like the others have become

Just wanted other peoples opinions and

Just something to keep the section ticking over

;)

if i do as much at his age as dave harcombe does. and indeed, have the desire to do so, i'll be a happy man. he's not a fame hungry man i dont think, but an excellent author that has done more with terriers than a lot of us ( myself included) will ever do.

If you think that he's just after fame and recognition, i think you are grossly mistaken. I have seen his terriers, they would grace any working terriermans yard. Just my humble opinion.

Bluck i know nothing about, so i'm not in a position to pass comment.

Regards

B

• Like 3

if i do as much at his age as dave harcombe does. and indeed, have the desire to do so, i'll be a happy man. he's not a fame hungry man i dont think, but an excellent author that has done more with terriers than a lot of us ( myself included) will ever do.

If you think that he's just after fame and recognition, i think you are grossly mistaken. I have seen his terriers, they would grace any working terriermans yard. Just my humble opinion.

Regards

B

As do have a great amount of respect for harcombe and for what he has done

The thread was not meant for him but used him as an example as he as well known as well known comes in the terrier game

But other men I believe are not as into it for the live of the game as others but have used it for a self gaining fame mission

• Like 1

Haha aye mate interesting it should be and not a slagging match like the others have become

;)

I think the best way to approach books wether they be terrier/lurcher/ferrets whatever,is to take them on face value and make your own mind up on whats bollocks and whats not.The other thing is some really good AUTHORS,will never make dogmen,and like wise some really good dogmen will never make good authors,got to say though ,even if they are in it for the £££££s it takes some bollocks to put your name on a book....no anonymity,it cant be deleted..and no matter how good there will allways be a queue of crabbers waiting to pull you down :thumbs:

• Like 5

So your saying all these "authors" / terrier men inspire, if you can't get inspiration from your dogs an actually been out working them, then give it up, like how many of these lads that are writing these books/fanzines actually contribute anything back to the terrier world, like donating money to working terrier clubs or other associated clubs???? I doubt it very much any of them are, too busy lining there own pockets

• Like 2

;)

I think the best way to approach books wether they be terrier/lurcher/ferrets whatever,is to take them on face value and make your own mind up on whats bollocks and whats not.The other thing is some really good AUTHORS,will never make dogmen,and like wise some really good dogmen will never make good authors,got to say though ,even if they are in it for the £££££s it takes some bollocks to put your name on a book....no anonymity,it cant be deleted..and no matter how good there will allways be a queue of crabbers waiting to pull you down :thumbs:
Quite right you are

Couldn't put it better my self

Maybe ill write a book about it haha

;)

Edited by BIG TOM
  • Like 1

Regards

B

The thread was not meant for him but used him as an example as he as well known as well known comes in the terrier game

But other men I believe are not as into it for the live of the game as others but have used it for a self gaining fame mission

i understand that mate, good thread.

Regards

B

i understand that mate, good thread.
Just something to keep the section going lol

Thanks mate ;)

So your saying all these "authors" / terrier men inspire, if you can't get inspiration from your dogs an actually been out working them, then give it up, like how many of these lads that are writing these books/fanzines actually contribute anything back to the terrier world, like donating money to working terrier clubs or other associated clubs???? I doubt it very much any of them are, too busy lining there own pockets

there books could be read by youngsters who may not have dogs yet but might after reading it. if someones purely out for money there must be far easier ways than writing terrier or lurcher books and the spanish inquisition that goes with it :laugh: