Tropical Fish

any tips for goldfish ??

every 7 days i got to empty the tank and scrub it as the water is green and tank is green

Loads of people will say that doing that is bad for the goldfish but the goldfish ive got now ive had for 16 year and its still going strong and thats with doing exactly what your doing

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot about the old topic and couldn't find it so thought I'd start it back up how's every ones fish tanks doing had abit of change in myne started getting some African Cichlids and gouramis and move

This is a tank i had years ago Malt not a real plant in there.....and fake plants have come on a lot since then as well.......i think as long as you dont overdo it you can keep it fairly realistic.  

the tanks 3 foot bye 2 not sure on the liters and yea that's a red jewel it's the most aggressive fish in there and I was surprised about the sand but all the plants seem too thrive with it just had a

Posted Images

any tips for goldfish ??

every 7 days i got to empty the tank and scrub it as the water is green and tank is green

Loads of people will say that doing that is bad for the goldfish but the goldfish ive got now ive had for 16 year and its still going strong and thats with doing exactly what your doing

i would like a bigger tank but feck doing all that with a big tank

ya got these about 8 months ago for the kids they seem to be doing ok by doing this

Looks a nice little environment that does Biglurks the plants look in good nick considering they,re in sand :thumbs: ....Is that a red jewel Cichlid i can see there ?.....Im a big Discus fan i wouldnt swap my tank for the world......but i am thinking of getting into the Cichlids ive been learning about them for a while now,i gave a nice tank away a few years ago that had some decent angels in but the persons let it go to shit so im going to get it back and probably do a Cichlid tank......i like the look of some of them Frontosa,s and Demasoni,s im just not sure of the compatibility i know your not supposed to mix different lakes ie South American and African.......apparently even some fish from the same lake wont work.......i want a plantless tank,just rocks.........would you happen to know if those smooth rounded stones/rocks you see in a lot of Cichlid set ups are the sort out of garden centres or are they specifically aquatic ones ?.................What size is that tank of yours mate 48" ?

the tanks 3 foot bye 2 not sure on the liters and yea that's a red jewel it's the most aggressive fish in there and I was surprised about the sand but all the plants seem too thrive with it just had a clear out before that photo must of gave a pal about 30 off cuts of plants I never had plants doing so well in other tanks with normal gravel and Iam not so sure about the American and Africans mixing Iam not as clued up as most I've not been keeping them long the guy at my pet store generally helps me with what fish I get I think it's more down to the certain types or that's how my friend explains it and Iam not sure on the smooth rocks I know my untie used too have smooth rocks in hers that she got out the garden after she cleaned them 09CAF18A-62C6-46AD-B19D-451A09FB2233-4647B1BB496-1A4B-4456-917A-240105828F78-464
  • Like 2

any tips for goldfish ??

ya got these about 8 months ago for the kids they seem to be doing ok by doing this

have you got a pump and filter mate I've found bigger tanks a breeze too keep compared too smaller ones I prop do a little maintence about once a month and a quick scrub with the magnet once a week and change a bucket of water a week real easy with the gravel cleaner also I know you can get some cold water alge eaters

any tips for goldfish ??

have you got a pump and filter mate I've found bigger tanks a breeze too keep compared too smaller ones I prop do a little maintence about once a month and a quick scrub with the magnet once a week and change a bucket of water a week real easy with the gravel cleaner also I know you can get some cold water alge eaters

do you think by using blood worm would be cleaner for the tank than using the flake food

any tips for goldfish ??

do you think by using blood worm would be cleaner for the tank than using the flake food
how much are you feeding I was always told too feed blood worm as a treat and it's easier too over feed fish cousing problems how bigs the tank
  • Like 1

iirc you need tyobe careful with what sort of rock you use as it affects water acidity and other factors as well, these types are form unique environments, a mate of a mate has a thriving seven foot tank of them, wall off stone caves theme, its incredible community to watch, pecking orders are established but interchangable, I tink as with discus to a degree over time they have become more robust and somewhat easier to keep, Im sure the set up Ive seen did not have natural rock, , the lad may of weel modeled it himself all try find out

some nice tanks on this thread,

• Like 1

any tips for goldfish ??

Large tank, top notch filtration. Right dirty sods goldfish!

I have one in a 25 litre tank (far too small) bought by my brother's ex to keep at our house???, they split up and i got the goldfish lol...canny size it is and keeps growing at a rate of knots so someone will find they have an extra goldfish in their pond one day :laugh:

I quite like the look of them Black Moors myself :thumbs:

• Like 1

Here's my 60 litre tropical, once a thriving tank full of plants and fish :cray: down to three swordtails and one tetra now. Lost the passion a bit after all my breeding guppies were wiped out then £20 worth of live plants came from ebay and died within a couple of weeks. Crap!

10thsept053_zps4df7cbb2.jpg

And crap picture but the goldfish... :laugh:

10thsept069_zps642072db.jpg

any tips for goldfish ??

Large tank, top notch filtration. Right dirty sods goldfish!

I have one in a 25 litre tank (far too small) bought by my brother's ex to keep at our house???, they split up and i got the goldfish lol...canny size it is and keeps growing at a rate of knots so someone will find they have an extra goldfish in their pond one day :laugh:

I quite like the look of them Black Moors myself :thumbs:

those are the type of gold fish we have are the called fancy s

Seen that you keep gourami s and cichlids, how do cichlids do with other fish? Thought they were aggressive

Bit of an odd combination that.....most Gouramis have totally different water parameters to Cichlids.........most times Cichlids will be kept in species only tanks they can be very aggressive.....even in species only tanks they can be aggressive its often a good idea to over stock them that way the aggression is spread out throughout the tank.

I quite fancy having a go with some of these......interesting fish.

http://www.fmueller.com/home/aquaristic/240g/fish/frontosa/