Tropical Fish

Forgot about the old topic and couldn't find it so thought I'd start it back up how's every ones fish tanks doing had abit of change in myne started getting some African Cichlids and gouramis and moved all the small tetras into a smaller tank

4915DC32-26F3-4DD5-B62B-15725299F8CE-399

• Like 7

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot about the old topic and couldn't find it so thought I'd start it back up how's every ones fish tanks doing had abit of change in myne started getting some African Cichlids and gouramis and move

This is a tank i had years ago Malt not a real plant in there.....and fake plants have come on a lot since then as well.......i think as long as you dont overdo it you can keep it fairly realistic.  

the tanks 3 foot bye 2 not sure on the liters and yea that's a red jewel it's the most aggressive fish in there and I was surprised about the sand but all the plants seem too thrive with it just had a

Posted Images

Forgot about the old topic and couldn't find it so thought I'd start it back up how's every ones fish tanks doing had abit of change in myne started getting some African Cichlids and gouramis and moved all the small tetras into a smaller tank

LOOKS GOOD MATE... ;),I JUST GOT RID OF A TANK THE SAME AS THAT....CRACKING TANK... ;)

LOOKS GOOD MATE... ;),I JUST GOT RID OF A TANK THE SAME AS THAT....CRACKING TANK... ;)
why you get rid off mate

I HAVE KEPT AND BRED ALL SORTS OF FISH OVER THE YEARS,BUT NOW IT IS JUST A SMALL TANK WITH A FEW TROPICAL FISH IN IT...NEED TO GET MY SELF A HALF DECENT SET UP AGAIN... :yes:;)

I KEPT AND BRED MOST KINDS OF CICHLIDS,MALAWIS,AND TROPICAL....BUT MY FAVOURITES HAVE GOT TO HAVE BEEN THE MALAWI'S...

THIS IS A PIC OF MY OLD MALAWI SET UP.....CUSTOM MADE 10MM GLASS,5FT X 2FT X 2FT.....THIS TANK HELD ALOT OF WATER,AND ALOT OF FISH FROM ABOUT 1CM IN SIZE TO THE BIG 9" ADULTS.....IT HAD HUNDREDS OF FISH IN IT AT ONE TIME....AMAZING TO WATCH... ;)

tank_zps2b81a0d3.jpg

why you get rid off mate

THE COLOUR OF IT MATE....IT WAS THE DARKER ONE,AND IT DID NOT GO WITH THE NEW LIVING ROOM.... :laugh:;)

I know what you mean bye watching the tanks any time shit adverts come on tv just see my head spinning round and watching the tank for 15 mins and that's some tank got too say wished I moved into chichilds ages ago you definitely get some nicer colors in them was that a all rock background in your tank

Tanks looking well BL :thumbs: got to clean the daughters tank out :blink: similar size to that one of James,put some of them moss balls in it and destroyed every plant in there :censored: are the plants in yours artificial or real :hmm:

real mate how did the miss balls kill the plants I've got 4 of the things

Tanks looking well BL :thumbs: got to clean the daughters tank out :blink: similar size to that one of James,put some of them moss balls in it and destroyed every plant in there :censored: are the plants in yours artificial or real :hmm:

real mate how did the miss balls kill the plants I've got 4 of the things

Cant remember the exact details BL ,I only found this out on the last tropical fish thread we had on here,they release something in the water which kills the other plants,the daughters tank was full of well established ,healthy plants,I put 4 moss balls in and within weeks everything was dying,didnt know why,then found this out, :censored: for the love of god man get your balls out :laugh::thumbs:

Looks a nice little environment that does Biglurks the plants look in good nick considering they,re in sand :thumbs: ....Is that a red jewel Cichlid i can see there ?.....Im a big Discus fan i wouldnt swap my tank for the world......but i am thinking of getting into the Cichlids ive been learning about them for a while now,i gave a nice tank away a few years ago that had some decent angels in but the persons let it go to shit so im going to get it back and probably do a Cichlid tank......i like the look of some of them Frontosa,s and Demasoni,s im just not sure of the compatibility i know your not supposed to mix different lakes ie South American and African.......apparently even some fish from the same lake wont work.......i want a plantless tank,just rocks.........would you happen to know if those smooth rounded stones/rocks you see in a lot of Cichlid set ups are the sort out of garden centres or are they specifically aquatic ones ?.................What size is that tank of yours mate 48" ?

Looks a nice little environment that does Biglurks the plants look in good nick considering they,re in sand :thumbs: ....Is that a red jewel Cichlid i can see there ?.....Im a big Discus fan i wouldnt swap my tank for the world......but i am thinking of getting into the Cichlids ive been learning about them for a while now,i gave a nice tank away a few years ago that had some decent angels in but the persons let it go to shit so im going to get it back and probably do a Cichlid tank......i like the look of some of them Frontosa,s and Demasoni,s im just not sure of the compatibility i know your not supposed to mix different lakes ie South American and African.......apparently even some fish from the same lake wont work.......i want a plantless tank,just rocks.........would you happen to know if those smooth rounded stones/rocks you see in a lot of Cichlid set ups are the sort out of garden centres or are they specifically aquatic ones ?.................What size is that tank of yours mate 48" ?

Gnash if you can find that last thread theres someone on here whos the mutts nuts with cichlids and marines,just cant remember who the mystery man is :ninja::laugh::thumbs: