Beddlington Terrier X Russell Terrier

Hi,just wondering if anyone on here has or had a beddlington x russell,maybe a pic or two they could post up,the reason i ask is...i have a old russell bitch in pup to a very gamey working beddlington terrier and i would love to see what they look like,as i havent seen a cross like this ..

Derek.

• Like 1

The Beddlington i used on my kennel terrier is a blue dog,as hard and game as a bantam cock,i believe he was bought somewhere around Stroke on Trent and brought over to Ireland,he is a very good ground dog but will hunt cover as good as any springer and has a very good nose,i never bred a beddlington x russell and i havent seen or heard of any around so i thought i will have a go to see what they turn out like,the kennel bitch i am using is only a bushing bitch,she has a very good nose and she gives plenty of tongue when hot on her quarry,

Is the Bedlington sire your profile pic? Any pics of him? If he's what you say sure you could of found a earth Bedlington bitch to put him over and had a pup!

How many Beddys are supposed to be earth dogs,plenty if you beleive the sales pitch,in reality genuine grafters are rarer than a 13 year old virgin in an Asian area.Russel/ Beddy hybrids serve little purpose in terrier breeding.

no the beedy in my profile pic is not the stud dog,the reason i used this beddlingtin was to see what a cross would turn out like,if i wanted a full beddy i would buy one in,...just one more thing,,,what the beddy cross does to terrier hybrids well i dont know but i ask you what did the fell russell or the patterdale russell or the lakeland border do to the make up of our terriers we have today....as for you extreme hunter,are you a real doggy man or just a armchair hunter that needs to get his six cents worth. :boogy: