Stolen Dogs (Early Warning System)

Right lads iv'e just sourced a possible solution to our problem we know it won't totally eliminate dog theft but It WILL alert us to any attempt to steal your dogs..

.We all know how these cowardly b*****ds work..Smashing their way through gates and Kennels the legging it sharpish and by the time you get back home or out of bed your dogs are gone.

This firm have a tracking collar (Which in itself is great) But more importantly as far as we are concerned the collar is steel impregnated (so it can not be cut off) should any attempt be made to tamper with the collar it immediately sends an alarm to 3 different mobile phones or laptops

it is also fully locked (key s provided) and waterproof.

Should the dog be moved outside your zone alarms are sent and the tracker activated and new tracking position sent to you every 30 seconds

The system can be bought or rented and the cost includes 12 months tracking and insurance...Now then i have been speaking to these people

ever since Sonny was stolen, I visited Tony B last week with a pal and we could both see a difference in him these c**ts need dealing with..

I mentioned in an earlier topic we should all start a bounty kitty and get these b*****ds filled in once and for all..But as usual "I'm all right jack"

...And that's exactly the attitude they want you to have..WHY?...Simple.. they know you will do nothing about it when they steal your dogs..

So they will steal again and again......So Do something about it this system WILL buy you the time to protect your dogs...After talking to these people for a few days they said anyone from H/L will get 20% off the price or rental....(Just type in Hunting life to confirm you are a member)

check them out www.Retrievatracking.com

P.S If there are any lads that would like to speak about a Re-Education programme for these thieving vermin Pm me only proven applicants need apply

Ben.

• Like 1

it looks like a good system but im not sure about the cost ,renting it costs 3 pounds per day ,might be a bit steep.

Steep yes, but no more than some pet insurance plans, which I know are not the same thing, but it's a form of insurance all the same.

Edited to add: just looked at the prices on the website: you can buy a medium size collar for £249, then pay usage fee of £80 per year thereafter. OK, still expensive, but what price peace of mind?

Edited again because I was looking at the 'limitations of use' clause. So does that mean it can't 'see' into a building, below a roof? I don't know.

The combination of technologies ensures that this product is the most advanced and most reliable of its kind. However, Retrieva Ltd (and their products) rely on others to provide GSM (mobile phone) signal coverage and GPS coverage, and cannot be responsible for other limiting factors beyond our control which can impact the use of electronic and telecom devices, such as atmospherics, buildings, obstructions etc. Therefore we cannot guarantee performance due to these external limiting factors.

it looks like a good system but im not sure about the cost ,renting it costs 3 pounds per day ,might be a bit steep.

Steep yes, but no more than some pet insurance plans, which I know are not the same thing, but it's a form of insurance all the same.

pet insurance for 3 quid a day???? 90 quid a month? surely nobody is paying that much for pet insurance??

pet insurance for 3 quid a day???? 90 quid a month? surely nobody is paying that much for pet insurance??

I've edited my post to add the payments: different if you buy the collar as opposed to renting it.

Edited to add: just looked at the prices on the website: you can buy a medium size collar for £249, then pay usage fee of £80 per year thereafter. OK, still expensive, but what price peace of mind?

Edited again because I was looking at the 'limitations of use' clause. So does that mean it can't 'see' into a building, below a roof? I don't know.

The combination of technologies ensures that this product is the most advanced and most reliable of its kind. However, Retrieva Ltd (and their products) rely on others to provide GSM (mobile phone) signal coverage and GPS coverage, and cannot be responsible for other limiting factors beyond our control which can impact the use of electronic and telecom devices, such as atmospherics, buildings, obstructions etc. Therefore we cannot guarantee performance due to these external limiting factors.

same limitations as if you were trying to use a moblile phone and the coverage was not good in that particular area therefore not recieving a signal im guessing cheers

yes I agree renting is the more expensive way to do it,i was just thinking of try before you buy ,anyway I think the limitations yoe highlighted penny are the normal mobile phone coverage blackspots which you get depending on the different networks,i see they havnt got a phone number which I hate I like to speak to people rather than email.

if bought and calculated over a 10yr period (rough dog lifespan) it works out at just over 25p a day but it just depends how well it works and how tough the collars are .

initial cost £250

yearly cost after first year £80 x 9

total £920

so £92 a year

or £0.25a day

thats if ive understood there pricing and not missed any "extras"

• Like 1

yes I agree renting is the more expensive way to do it,i was just thinking of try before you buy ,anyway I think the limitations yoe highlighted penny are the normal mobile phone coverage blackspots which you get depending on the different networks,i see they havnt got a phone number which I hate I like to speak to people rather than email.

They do have a phone number Koda i have been speaking to the for a while..01442 877796..Mention hunting life and they will knock 20% of should you want one

Ben

you sure have had plenty of ideas over the years ben :laugh:, always did have the gift of the gab lol, seems a good idea this tho not sure how many will go for it but hope it does well, anything to make things harder for the theiving scum gota be a good thing..

this is maybe a step in the right direction, however its the wall of silence that surrounds these thieving twats , that allows them to operate at will, the collar suffers some of the setbacks GPS falcon telemetry suffers , blackspotting, I was once considering try a falconry GPsd sytem to find me bird when lost however it sends txt and map location etc to a mobile, so over the next few motnh I looked at my signal in spots wher eI hunt me birds and dogs and fook me its nearly always a blackspot or poor reception, so until the realtime aspect and signal improves Im out on the falcon side of gps tracking to hit and miss for me, however these might be better will take a look at the website, its progress if anything .......

you sure have had plenty of ideas over the years ben :laugh:, always did have the gift of the gab lol, seems a good idea this tho not sure how many will go for it but hope it does well, anything to make things harder for the theiving scum gota be a good thing..

Its not my idea Luke this firm have been designing and improving the collar for years and are apparently doing great things they told me personally they have never lost a dog to theft when wearing the collar..

The only reason i came across them was because i was looking for an alternative in response to the LACK of response i got when i posted the H/L bounty to stop these shitbags for good..However it saddens me to see their is no real unity in the dog game and it f*****g sickens me that the fire has gone in Brit lads unless of course its a Friday night and they are popped up.....

WE Luke, You me and all the lads on Here CAN stop it IF we are Prepared to work together its just proving a little difficult finding the right lads to work with

Regards mate

Ben.

• Like 1

this is maybe a step in the right direction, however its the wall of silence that surrounds these thieving twats , that allows them to operate at will, the collar suffers some of the setbacks GPS falcon telemetry suffers , blackspotting, I was once considering try a falconry GPsd sytem to find me bird when lost however it sends txt and map location etc to a mobile, so over the next few motnh I looked at my signal in spots wher eI hunt me birds and dogs and fook me its nearly always a blackspot or poor reception, so until the realtime aspect and signal improves Im out on the falcon side of gps tracking to hit and miss for me, however these might be better will take a look at the website, its progress if anything .......

It wasn't the gps that attracted me to it Rich It was the alarms that made me take an interest giving the lads a chance to catch the scum b*****ds and inflict any anti dog theft measures they may have viciously upon them .

• Like 1