Hob Back In With Jills...

Has anyone put there Hob back in with the Jill's yet?

Is it too soon? I don't want him pestering them and trying to rape them. Lol

I'm going to try mine with my bigger jill today....if all goes well he can go back in with both of them. Feel sorry for the poor lad, he looks bored to death!

• Like 1

Yep back in together,,mine are,, provided the kills are out of season there's no worrys,,, he will proberbly drag a few around to start with,, but he will calm down after a while when he realises there's nowt doing

Sound, thanks folks.

His balls have shrunk a bit. They were massive a few weeks ago.

None of the Jills have been in season as they are all this years young, all fully grown now though. I might try him with the biggest Jill and then add the others one at a time.

Cheers

Gaz

iv got 3 of this years jill that iv had for a month now and iv just got an adult hob. im fairly new to keeping ferrets and i just tried putting the new hob with them. i tried them in the house together to see how they get along and all seemed fine, but when i put him in there hutch he had latched on to one of the jills face, so now there separated. what is it to do with the size of his nuts? will i be able to keep them together at some point or will he continuously attack them.

iv got 3 of this years jill that iv had for a month now and iv just got an adult hob. im fairly new to keeping ferrets and i just tried putting the new hob with them. i tried them in the house together to see how they get along and all seemed fine, but when i put him in there hutch he had latched on to one of the jills face, so now there separated. what is it to do with the size of his nuts? will i be able to keep them together at some point or will he continuously attack them.

he won't have been attacking them pal, ferrets are pretty rough with each other. He'll have just been dragging her about a bit. If you're new to ferrets a lot of the dragging and play fighting will look like real fighting.

When in season the hob will grab hold of the jill by the neck/head/face and pretty much throw her about, if yours still has his balls swollen then that's probably what he was doing. But if he wasn't doing it in the house he probably isn't in season I wouldn't have thought. Just stick them in together, keep an eye on then for 10 minutes or so and you'll probably find it all calms down.

I would still be scared putting the hobs back in with the jills that they would rape them and hurt them even if the jills aren't in season the hobs are

If the hobs balls have shrunk then he's not in season is he?

He hasn't tried to rape any of them so I assume he is out of season?