Under Lever

thinking of getting an under lever rifle.just wondered if you get the same power and accuracy with an underlever as you would with a pre charge?.is it just a difference in weight?.

would like a bit of advice from you lads in the know before I buy one.

thanks

mat.

accuracy from a good quality under lever like a hw97k hw77 or tx200 and a pcp like s400 theoben rapid 7 are the same but the spring powered rifle is a bit harder to shoot well and takes a bit of practice .If you are on a budget there is nothing wrong with a spring gun .pcps can be a lot of messing about I have pcp and spring guns and often use the spring gun because of less trouble .The one big advantage a pcp has, is its ability to be silenced but a well tuned spring gun like a tx 200 is pretty quiet .

I have a Hw77 tuned at SFS it is very accurate ,I have also got a HW98 also tuned at SFS they can mach pcp's for accuracy but as said before are harder to master . I would choose the break barrel 98 over the 77 as it is quicker to load than the under leaver and is just as accurate if weight is an issue they do a HW95 lighter than the 98 and comes with a silencer fitted ideal for hunting

You won't at all there's. Hw97k on here look up porkabella lovely gun if he hasn't sold it I've a stage 2 tuned 97kt it matches my friends r-10 plus you will always need a springer in your collection, it will teach you how to shoot! Shoot a springer get good at it a pcp will be like child's play plus you really want a regulated pcp other wise your be filling it up loads if your target shoot look on vermin hunters tv on you tube with si and Davy hey do a lot of springer shooting that's awesome (sorry if you know all of my comment)

Atb Andy if our near Hampshire you could have a try with mine :thumbs:

thanks for the offer Andy c .i used to have a hw35k.just for messing about with cos back then i also had a rimmy.the 35 was a 22 and i never really got on with it.it may be the reason im a bit dubious of getting another springer but also i dont think i can be doing with regassing all the time.so im thinking about a 177 97k.i dont target shoot.just bunnys magpies rats etc.

It ain't normally rob, but there was something about that one mate, I felt like it fitted a treat when I had a go on it at riverton, I thought it was a cracking little rifle, to the extent that I'm kinda looking out for a 97k action and 77 stock so I can do a .22 version. That is, unless a pro elite doesn't come up first!

HW 97K - .177 - 5 momths old

I am selling my mint (almost new) HW 97K in .177. This gun is less than 5 months old and cost £360 in April this year. This gun has not had 100 pellets through it yet. Bought on a whim really and surplus to requirements. The gun is topped off with a brand new Hawke Panorama 4-12x50 scope which alone cost £147.50.

The gun will come with a slip and a sling and I am willing to split gun and scope if required. I want £425.00 for gun,scope,slip and sling combined or £120.00 just for scope. I have all the receipts for gun, scope etc and these will be supplied to the new owner for warranty/guarantee purposes. Any viewing is welcomed and "try before you buy" is positively welcomed. I live in Wolverhampton area postcode WV5.

Any questions please message me and I will do me best to answer them