Who's Been Out His Morning, And How'd You Get On?

post-88284-0-58295900-1378192730_thumb.jpg

Big westerlies and low tide meant for near perfect conditions but it was unseasonaly warm up here yesterday so I was sweating like a 12 year old on jim'll fixit walking out to the mud with all the gear ..we managed 4 canadas and a pair of shovelers in the morning and another 4 canadas at night ...decoying on wed ...Once the first North wind starts we should start seeing the first of the pinks around here probably next week

Nice on Mik. I was sitting out on our flightpond last night, hiding in the wee hazels....I got eaten alive, my hands are swollen like balloons...fekkin skeeters.

I got a pigeon and I texas heart shot a crow.....1 solitary drake came in and I damn well missed it!

Will keep at it though....feed started going in last weekend....thats us till the pond freezes over!!!

Was out last night with a mate on a small reservoir. Finished with 15 mallard and 4 greys. They were still pouring in as we packed up, could have carried on but have enough for family and friends for couple of weeks.

A gadwall

A teal

A mallard

And lost a shoveler

Can't wait for the evening flight.

Sunday shooting of wildfowl is a regional thing and only banned in some areas, luckily not around here.

didn't think shovelers were on the list
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/game-and-gamekeeping/game-shooting/shooting-seasons.cfm

Think you will find they are

Edited by THE GRIFF

A gadwall

A teal

A mallard

And lost a shoveler

Can't wait for the evening flight.

Sunday shooting of wildfowl is a regional thing and only banned in some areas, luckily not around here.

didn't think shovelers were on the list
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/game-and-gamekeeping/game-shooting/shooting-seasons.cfm

Think you will find they are

it amazes me (on an open forum) how some shooters seem to have no understanding of the prey they are after - Can you shoot a shoveler on a Sunday for instance...appreciate it is a regional thing in some cases but ALL of the facts are on the basc website for ALL to read, digest and practice. Well worth a look........ :icon_eek: