Kids And Catapults?....

Had my nephew up for a weekend... and gave him a small catapult i made...

Taught him how to aim it etc... and he was chuffed....

Now, mad lad is 3 and can confidently hold and shoot a catapult....

Aim is a little (a lot) off.... but he loves it...

A family member wasnt too happy at my lad shooting them....

"Theyre dangerous' etc....

But i feel... that by teaching the wee man the rights and wrongs.... giving him the freedom to shoot and showing him how to shoot them...safely....

Means that in a few years.... hes not going to sneak one behind my back and put someones window in.... or worse...

20130306_145731_zps8f42fcdf.jpg

20130306_145658_zps6120c154.jpg

20130104_164728_zps6fdad710.jpg

20130104_121948_zpsfc2c79a4.jpg

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket
  • Like 1

All good mate.... :thumbs:

The young lad looks well pleased with himself... :yes:

You're always gonna meet with some objections from folk....I have family members who just don't 'get it'....and I respect their views....it's just a pity that respect isn't reciprocated... :censored:

You're obviously a 'hands on' dad....and that can only be a positive thing....and it will show as your son grows into a fine young man.... :yes:

Time well spent and an investment in the future.... :thumbs:

The elbow of his drawing arm is far too low - what on earth are you teaching the boy ???? :D

Seriously, I think it's brilliant that he's learning to use equipment safely, respect his quarry and, most important, having fun-and he's clearly doing that!

Good work, mate ! :thumbs:

• Like 1

I can remember reading the topic you put on the slingshot forum about this and that one prick going off on one about safety glasses on him, i understand saftey is paramount but it got on my tits that a paper puncher was trying to tell you how to fetch up a child. At least he will be using the catty for what they are designed for.

i think its important people learn repect for things and they will learn to use them properly i know a lad who didnt get an air rifle till he was 16 and his parent let him do what he wants with it and he is dangerous when he shots i had it drummed into me and the age of about 8 about gun safety even when i was just watching some one else shoot

• Like 3

I can remember reading the topic you put on the slingshot forum about this and that one prick going off on one about safety glasses on him, i understand saftey is paramount but it got on my tits that a paper puncher was trying to tell you how to fetch up a child. At least he will be using the catty for what they are designed for.

You can imagine eh?

"oh look a rabbit!! Catapult out ammo in, safety goggles on...... Oh f**k the rabbits off!!" :laugh:

• Like 4

Aye that guy was another roaster....

Said my parenting was bad....because he never had any glasses on....

Can see his point.... but theres a way to do business! ....

Fair point too about the wrist lanyard... the catty now has one on...since pics were taken....

And he still has the many cattys he pisses about with in the house....

Firing rolled up tin foil.... still hurts though ross eh :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

i think its important people learn repect for things and they will learn to use them properly i know a lad who didnt get an air rifle till he was 16 and his parent let him do what he wants with it and he is dangerous when he shots i had it drummed into me and the age of about 8 about gun safety even when i was just watching some one else shoot

Its like.... give them some responsibility...within reason.... teach them the right way to do it....and show them how not to do it....

Harness their enthusiasm and enjoy it.... together...

Otherwise.... one day... when they do get their hands on it....they wont know whats right and wrong....

And it will all end in tears :yes: ...

• Like 2

Its like.... give them some responsibility...within reason.... teach them the right way to do it....and show them how not to do it....

Harness their enthusiasm and enjoy it.... together...

Otherwise.... one day... when they do get their hands on it....they wont know whats right and wrong....

And it will all end in tears :yes: ...

one day said lad handed me his airrifle to climb the gate and he hadnt even put the safety on so i dellibratly but in such away i knew it would onld hit the soft ground next to me pulled the trigger to shock him and said what if that had been a shotgun or had hit one of us after that he was abit better