The fella who owned Chester before LM told me the dog was out of a sealy/russell.A mate of mine is good mates with the man who owned chester first and he told me the same.And like someone has already said the dog was well known for throwing white pups.

Just out of interest really,, but was wondering if the people that used the dog on bitches would of used him if they new how he was bred, that's if the above is true, was told he was a fair dog and ended up in Ireland and was still being dug to at 10 years old.

Don't know the dog, but if the people that used the dog are questioning if they would have used the dog ,had they known there was white dogs in his make up,maybe they should take a look at there own stuff because white being a resesive gene the bitches that threw white pups must also have had white dogs in there make up,

• Like 1

the dog was used by lads on the reputation that he earned through his work not on what they thought his make up was and there s lots of dogs with his name in there peds with most of them being in kennells where work comes first not because he was chocolate or he had white dogs in his back ground another dog that left a mark on the terriers we have today was said to be half spaniel he was a serious dog to work from the accounts i ve read and covered many bitches the wannibies of today would of got some fright when told that if inquiring about a service eh lol

• Like 3

Didn't s'e of Wakefield once owned Chester before selling him to Lm?

SE owned chester before LM sent someone to buy the dog.So im told

The fella who owned Chester before LM told me the dog was out of a sealy/russell.A mate of mine is good mates with the man who owned chester first and he told me the same.And like someone has already said the dog was well known for throwing white pups.

Take what SE says with a pinch of salt !

The man could not lie straight in bed !

If that's the case he'll never be without company in the terrier world
  • Like 2

If that's the case he'll never be without company in the terrier world
ain't that right,,

i seen this dog work many times on one weekend when lee was over with me we dug the dog 7 times and he was as good on his last dig as he was on his first a great dog and a great working terrier

Probably the only post on this thread worth reading. Edited by jessdale

iv heard all about his antics don't worry, but the mans name was mentioned when asking where the Chester dog came from.

L m got chester from dave g i seen this dog work many times on one weekend when lee was over with me we dug the dog 7 times and he was as good on his last dig as he was on his first a great dog and a great working terrier

was he the only working terrier you had that weekend dessie.... Fairplay to lee for dropping the dog 7 times .. was any of yours dug to on the same W.END.. and do you have anything outa Chester ?? Edited by Mixedgrill
  • Like 2

Lol I know what you mean mate. But my mate told me the same and hes mates with DG who owned the dog first.