Car....how Much ?

I have a Renault cleo 1.4 16v 03 plate nice clean car inside and out, 11months m.o.t 5 months tax central locking power streering ect cd player alloy wheels all the mod cons ect ect I bought it for £880 then spent money on 4 new tryes 2 new discs 2 new brake pads,tracking done,then a new second hand gear box then tracking done again and paid for 6 months tax £93 so iv spent around 1400 on this car but its a c - cat will that put people off buying it ? and does anyone know a rough idea as to what its worth ? iv got it up for £950ono but its not selling. and do I let people know that its a c cat ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your asking to much for a cat c clio of that age

You are a bit optomistic for a Cat C of that age, but someone may pay it. Despite what you have spent on it, it's still just a Clio of that age. It wouldn't have been worth anything without a gearbox

I don't think replacing parts that need replacing ect, can really add value to a car though. ive spent some dough on cars and would never sell it for what I got it at. but each to their own. if someon

mines an 03 plate, 2002 plates in worse condition than mine are going for £1200 - £995 how much should I advertise it for ? the only documents iv got for it is the v5 and the m.o.t certificate....... don't no why its writing with a line through it lol

You are a bit optomistic for a Cat C of that age, but someone may pay it.

Despite what you have spent on it, it's still just a Clio of that age. It wouldn't have been worth anything without a gearbox.

Definately advise of Cat C status, Up front, put it in Advert....That way, absolutely no argument from buyer afterwards.

• Like 1

I have a Renault cleo 1.4 16v 03 plate nice clean car inside and out, 11months m.o.t 5 months tax central locking power streering ect cd player alloy wheels all the mod cons ect ect I bought it for £880 then spent money on 4 new tryes 2 new discs 2 new brake pads,tracking done,then a new second hand gear box then tracking done again and paid for 6 months tax £93 so iv spent around 1400 on this car but its a c - cat will that put people off buying it ? and does anyone know a rough idea as to what its worth ? iv got it up for £950ono but its not selling. and do I let people know that its a c cat ?

if you advertise it for £950 and dont state in the ad that its a cat c then if they buyer notices its a cat c, they'll haggle like mad thats if they aint put off straight away :thumbs:

I bought it from a car auction, there was other bidders , bidding upto £740 that was with 4 bald tyres no tax, I bought it at 750 and had to pay 120 fees to the auction house, and like iv said put 4 new tyres, 2 discs, brake pads, gear box, so am thinking of putting it back through the auction to try and re-coop some of the money, I know im going to loose a few hundred, but ill put a reserve on at around 700, the only reason I bought it was because my accaintance (cant call him a mate now) said he used to be a mechanic and said it was a good deal, to be fair the engine is fine and so is the car in general, its just that c-cat hanging over it. gutted!

I bought it from a car auction, there was other bidders , bidding upto £740 that was with 4 bald tyres no tax, I bought it at 750 and had to pay 120 fees to the auction house, and like iv said put 4 new tyres, 2 discs, brake pads, gear box, so am thinking of putting it back through the auction to try and re-coop some of the money, I know im going to loose a few hundred, but ill put a reserve on at around 700, the only reason I bought it was because my accaintance (cant call him a mate now) said he used to be a mechanic and said it was a good deal, to be fair the engine is fine and so is the car in general, its just that c-cat hanging over it. gutted!

Surely it was declared Cat C when it went through auction when you bought it ?

The auction beside us makes you state so when you enter them.

Better trying to sell it private if you can. Cat C doesn't necessarily mean it's been f**ked....but everyone will think it has been.

Done a few over the years, mainly for Myself to run about in, and by the time it's that age it generally makes little difference to value.

It will drop to a price where that's what you'll get, Previously damaged or no.

Guest norseman

I don't think replacing parts that need replacing ect, can really add value to a car though. ive spent some dough on cars and would never sell it for what I got it at. but each to their own. if someone has the money and is happy to pay it then let them :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think the problem is more that it's a Clio,than the cat c,only people I see in them,are girls just passed their test,and parents probably wont buy a cat c for their precious daughter.

yep a girl was ment to be coming at 5.30 today for it at £995ono but then rung at 5pm stating shed just done a search and it come back as a class c, then didn't want it, iv never owned a c cat car before, iv only had my license since 2010 this is my 4th car it only got 66000 on the clock, cars from 1997 - 1998 are fetching 5-6-7 hundred so a 2003 car should surely bring 8-9 hundred I would of thought, the auction is on tomorrow im thinking of putting it back through. as im sick of it now,