Smallest Lurcher Cross?

Just for fun, what do you think might be the smallest bred lurcher?

If one were to use the traditional sheepdog to sighthound cross?

or perhaps terrier to sighthound?

So far I think the Italian greyhound to a Schipperke (miniaturized Groenendael Belgian Shepherd) would be the smallest.

Dont have a clue what they would be like or what you would use it for!

coursing mice and rats? :laugh:

Hi lads!

Has anyone ever heard of the pyrenean sheepdog as being used in the make up of a lurcher? They would appeare to be suited well crossed with a whippet.

Also does anyone use Koolies? They are from australia. They look brillaint! I would say they would work well crossed with a greyhound.

:hmm:

I do believe the Pyrenean would make a good cross. They are as inteligent as a collie, small and fast. They work sheep like a collie as well.

Does anyone own one, or know of anyone? What are they like?

Koolies? What are they like? I believe they are popular in germany, and their country of origin australia.

Does anyone know of crosses with these? :hmm:

Seriously! Has the italian greyhound ever been used as a longdog in lurcher breeding?

The americans take them seriously, they do competive lure coursing! :thumbs:

Guest world.hunters

would like to see one of these tny crosses just out of pure curiosity, and i would like to see them try and hold a big buck rabbit. they would end up runing down the hole after it.

W.H

i think if you crossed a whippet and a chiwawa then youd have one hell of a ratter the little things can be wiked for there size and it would probably just like a small whippet staying very sporty just with a bit more yap would just be a c**t having to carry it around in a hand bag at the game fair !

There's a lady on another site (total lurcher) that breeds Bedlington/Whippets to Italian Greyhounds. Most of these little dogs stand around 15' to 16' and are smooth coated. She swares by them as bushing/hedgerow dogs but they look a little frail to me and to be honest I don't really see the point.

Nice enough lass though, very knowledgeable when it comes to the ol' running dogs and boy can she talk.

• 1 month later...
Guest little lurcher

my smallest , pic taken on her first day , taken ferreting as a joke tbh and got 2 then when taking the bigger dog on the lamp she belted out the car window and took another on the lamp, she is just over a year and stands 14inches, 9/16 italian greyhound, 1/16 beddy 6/16 whippet ( please note this was a very accidental mating , dad went over 6 ft fence to get mother!!!not something i wish to repeat but other litter mates have gone on to take day rabits and demons on rats

05092007416.jpg

her mother (pre ban)

12082007304.jpg

father daughter straight racing

Iggies.jpg