Bleach/detergent

I just pick a warm day and after cleaning them out blast the hutches with jeyes fluid or a scented bleach and just keep them out till the woods totally dry

I do exactly the same and always found this method works well, when the weather is poor and there's not much of a chance of it drying I let the chemicals work there magic for a while then give it a rinse. Mr Goodcat

If the weather no much use for drying out the hutch i just rinse down the slabs round and under the ferret hutch with diluted bleach and wait for a better day to blast the hutches

I just pick a warm day and after cleaning them out blast the hutches with jeyes fluid or a scented bleach and just keep them out till the woods totally dry

Was told that Jeyes fluid is dangerous for ferrets by some people on here. Can't seem to get hold of scented bleach in the supermarket but I use a pet safe disinfectant, washing up liquid or a mild floor cleaner. I used to use bleach but realized that the hutches can't be that dirty! :laugh:

milton babys sterilising fluid its quite good ive used it for years never had any problems and its quite cheep :thumbs:

Thats what i use on the water bottles one set on the hutches other set in a bucket of water with a couple of cap fulls rinse them out swap them over job done

Was told that Jeyes fluid is dangerous for ferrets by some people on here. Can't seem to get hold of scented bleach in the supermarket but I use a pet safe disinfectant, washing up liquid or a mild floor cleaner. I used to use bleach but realized that the hutches can't be that dirty! :laugh:

We get two bottles of scented bleach up the market for a £1 and i get a gallon of makro bleach for three quid in this heat its easy enough to get the hutch done and dried and the ferrets are sitting in a big crate in the shade

if you cover the floor in shavings, then it still being wet wont matter in the slightest neither will the type of disinfectant used

With them raking in the shaving if it was wet under neath i would worry they would burn there pads . Easy enough to do it and them do another job till it drys just now