Sunday Night

We went lamping on Sunday night left early as i had a agreement with a security guard that he would leave the gates open for me to wander round and thin out the rabbits next door to my permission , got there and the gates two big sheets of ply are padlocked a quick phone call and his boss did it on Friday night so i missed the boat as usual .

Back to my usual stamping ground and logged on for 11pm filled up the air arms got the lamp ready and settled down after i got the first one in the bag , I thought it was a bit slow but we where slowly getting numbers , there where three black rabbits and i wanted them as the landscape boss always committed on them but i had to settle for one .

I normally drive round with just the side lights on and the rabbits seemed spooked so i drove round with the light on and they where a bit better but still skittish as you stopped but as it was only eleven days since we where there i had to take most of the shoots from thirty yard plus , Gave up at about 4.30 and had a nice bag of sixty dropped some off and sorted out my share

Share2013-07-23-6443cf0a09b0329922c2ca3d

• Like 5

Aye i used to get them from the landscape manager , then i bought two tins last month and nearly sh*t myself they where £16 each

I prefer doing a nightshift lamping and have had a 60 ,60 ,40 ,46 and a 60 = 266

The other guy comes in two hours at a time and reckons he has had more

• Like 1

Is he into fishing aswell??

Bet he's caught a whopper

Aye i cant see two hours on a friday and saturday teatime when folk are walking about can produce good numbers , when it seems like at 1am you turn on a switch and its like watership down

It doesn't worry me though he shoots during the day i prefer lamping that permission so its like we dont shoot the same rabbits if you know what i mean and i can still ferret it , so everybody's happy

it feeds my ferrets during the summer letting me rest some of the other not so high problem areas

Aye i used to get them from the landscape manager , then i bought two tins last month and nearly sh*t myself they where £16 each

I prefer doing a nightshift lamping and have had a 60 ,60 ,40 ,46 and a 60 = 266

The other guy comes in two hours at a time and reckons he has had more

Some bag that :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ,i wud not want to carry it and whats the other guy use a AK47 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice shooting bud ,well im off for an early morning shoot atvbmac